„Everything is connected. We are living on the same planet all together - and we need to make it work"
We’re back with a brand new episode and we're 100% sure that it’s going to switch on your inner light and belief in the good people in this world! Claudi sat down with Felix Hallwachs, Managing Director of a beautiful social startup called Little Sun (@ilovelittlesun).
Just a couple of mindblowing numbers to set the scene: Since Little Sun started in 2012, it has sold 661,578 lamps worldwide, changed 1,648,386 lives off-grid, built up new opportunities for 600+ African entrepreneurs, saved an insane amount of $35,531,865 on energy expenses in off-grid households and reduced 134,572 tonnes of Co2 emissions!
That was in December 2017, so their impact has been growing even bigger since.
QUESTIONS TACKLED IN THIS EPISODE:
- How can something so simple as a tiny sun-shaped solar lamp the impact the lives of millions of people ?
- Why can micro-entrepreneurship in sub-Saharan Africa be much more powerful than financial aid?
- How can anyone of us leverage the connections we have to be part of something that matters?
- And how can we keep up our flame of motivation when things get tough?
- That’s just a mini-preview of all the inspiration bombs Felix drops in this episode.
IN THIS PODCAST EPISODE, YOU'LL ALSO LEARN ABOUT:
- How to leverage the contacts you already have to make an impact
- The major issue that Little Sun is trying to tackle (UN SDG)
- How the micro-entrepreneurship model of Little Sun works
- Why access to energy should be a basic human right
- The power of involving off-grid communities & understanding that we're all the same
- What’s really behind the shape of the Little Sun
- How to maximize the impact of a small budget
- The huge opportunities of today’s (social) media landscape
- The brilliance behind the „Trade not Aid“ model
- The powerful moment that made Little Sun launch their non-profit entity
- Why it’s always worth listening to the full story
- How to emotionally engage & change consumers mindsets
- Which companies embrace cradle to cradle & projects fighting for clean oceans
- Felix’ top tools to stay inspired & motivated each day
...and lots of other inspiring take aways. Now, without any further ado, get ready for lots of shining energy & light bulb moments with Felix Hallwachs from Little Sun.
LISTEN TO IT RIGHT HERE:
THIS IS LITTLE SUN:
Foto: Gontse Phatstoki-More
Foto: Little Sun
Foto: Studio Olafur Eliasson
This article is presented by GreenMe Berlin and originally appeared here. GreenMe Berlin is Berlin's ultimate green city guide! Connecting travellers & locals with the heroes of the urban eco scene through immersive guided tours, podcasts, maps, guides & more. Food, fashion, zero waste, bikes, urban gardens - they introduce you to the coolest sustainable projects in town.
GreenMe Berlin is a social business - and proud member of SEND e.V. - reinvesting their profits into promoting the local eco scene, as well as donating parts of the proceeds to non-profits they love (e.g. Love for Life Project). Learn more here.