We at tbd* are committed to employing the best talent – and more importantly, to giving our employees the best back. We work in an open and transparent way that values the unique skills, personalities and life experiences that each team member brings with them. Find out more about how we work in our Team Manifesto!
If you're interested in joining us, check out the open positions below and get in touch.
Sales Lead - Social Impact, NGOs & Sustainability Organisations (w/m/d)
tbd* is an award-winning social enterprise that supports people on their journey to a fulfilling and meaningful career. tbd* believes in a world where every person is able to use their individual talents to make a meaningful professional contribution to a fair and sustainable global community. One of our core goals is to radically improve inclusion and especially belonging and anti-discrimination in our team and in our sector.
Originally founded in Berlin, tbd* decided to switch to a fully remote setup 2 years ago in order to accommodate a better work-life balance for its team. We are a small team of currently 9 staff members working from Germany, England, and the US, considering us a well-established remote business with plenty of experience onboarding and strengthening our relationships remotely. tbd* also is a strong advocate of new work principles operating within a holacracy model with a decentralized management and governance structure meaning authority sits within the team - not with one central role or person such as the founders.
The tbd* job board is at the heart of our platform, helping professionals to find meaningful jobs in Germany as well as globally at organisations that tackle the world’s biggest issues. We are currently looking for the right candidate to own and develop this core product moving forward.
As Sales Lead at tbd*, you’d be helping a key player of the global impact movement to deliver its award-winning service enabling more and more people to find a job with purpose.
You feel your best around others, taking energy from meeting and connecting with people with a strong track record of building relationships.
You’d be thrilled of the idea of you being the person to own relationships with international organisations such as Greenpeace, Oxfam, or the UN in order to help them find the right candidates for their life-changing projects.
You’re analytical and strategic, but someone who loves nothing more than rolling up your sleeves to make things happen - whatever that takes.
You can embody the commercial mindset, and have a stellar track record kicking off or growing revenue lines and refining customer propositions.
You're confident and articulate, including with senior stakeholders, and a superb presenter and communicator.
In short: This is a role for someone who thrives on hitting sales targets but would like to do that in an organisation with impact - not revenue - being the end goal.
This role is offered remotely, preferably in Germany but we are open to candidates based abroad that are able to work within the Central European Timezone (CET).
- Customer acquisition: A key focus of this role will be winning new customers for tbd*s job board. From webinars, cold calls to meetings - as this is a newly created role you will be totally free to use your expertise and creativity to plan targeted strategies in order to win new customers and convert them into regulars
- Key Account Management: You’ll also look after the existing customers of the tbd* job board - as the central point of contact for all their needs. You’ll help our clients and agencies to optimise their campaigns and thus contribute to improving campaign performance and client satisfaction. You will also write and send out regular newsletters to our clients to inform them about special events, offers or promotions.
- CRM implementation: As part of our journey to deliver better customer service you will be responsible for the implementation and setup of a new CRM software, including the setup of email automation for our job board clients.
- Teamwork: At tbd* transparency is key. Hence you’ll work closely with other members of the team e.g. marketing, finance, editorial teams continuously sharing sales reports, customer insights and customer feedback with the team to ensure we fully understand our customers’ requirement and can improve our service on an on-going basis
- Experience in sales and key account management
- You are highly customer-oriented and self-motivated; you can demonstrate examples of how you achieved your sales targets in previous positions
- You are passionate about the impact sector - find organisations in the social sector super exciting and can't wait to work directly with them
- As a people person, you have an open, friendly manner and a talent for creating a great foundation of trust to build lasting relationships with your clients
- You have an entrepreneurial and sales-oriented mindset
- You speak German fluently
Nice to have
- Experience in social enterprises and / or the recruitment sector
- Experience working for start-ups or in small teams
- You would enjoy working in self-organised teams and are willing to learn constantly
Compensation & Perks
- Competitive salary for the social impact sector of 48k EUR for full-time professionals + performance bonus. Note: We don’t believe in more hours = better output as most of our staff work between 20-30h ensuring a great work-life balance and space to focus on personal projects and development. This job should fit into your life - not the other way around hence we would like to discuss with you which working arrangement - be it 20h, 30h or 35h a week - you can thrive the most.
- Monthly co-working allowance given tbd* is a fully remote company and will stay remote also post Covid restriction.
- Personal growth budget allowance that you can use on career coaching, training and equally counseling - we’ll try to support you in whatever you feel you need at this point in time as the wellbeing of our staff is of utmost importance.
- 30 days annual leave + the option to take additional days off after an intense period of work hence the option to take overtime off. Equally the option to work from abroad as long as you can arrange for working hours around CET and ensure this will not impair your ability to speak to your clients and the rest of the team.
- Your personal MacBook and whatever else you need in order to set up a good workstation at your home or in your preferred co-working space.
- Yearly team retreat and get together once Covid restrictions ease as well as by-monthly virtual team days and regular team coachings to ensure you have plenty of facetime and learnings but equally fun and socials with the team.
tbd* is a self-organised company practicing new work techniques. We don’t follow a classic hierarchy and instead work within a role-based holacracy model to share responsibility equally within the team. That means in practice that we don't have a Managing Director giving top-down orders but instead share all tasks and responsibilities including essential company decisions within the team. For your personal development, this means plenty of possibilities at tbd* as your role doesn't have to be static = solely focused on sales. Instead, you can develop it yourself, and over time you can take on other roles where you feel you can bring your strengths to the table.
How to apply
Are you interested in becoming part of our small but excellent team? Then send us your CV, a personal motivation letter explaining why you want to work at tbd* to firstname.lastname@example.org. We highly encourage anonymous applications. Application deadline: 30 May 2021.
tbd* is an equal opportunities employer but we go beyond that. Our goal is to create a discrimination-free space in which people who have experienced discrimination in particular feel that they belong and are heard. However, we are aware that this is a journey. We are constantly learning, listening to those affected and changing our actions accordingly. We therefore particularly welcome applications from people who have experienced discrimination or exclusion.