We all know that networking is key, especially when you’re starting out in a new place or looking for new opportunity. So where can you go to find out more about your potential career options, besides tbd* of course? Career conferences and jobs fairs are an ideal chance to find inspiration, networking opportunities or even your dream job.
There are plenty of varied conferences during all times of year across Germany, but we’ve put together a list for few to look out for in particular.
Every spring, tbd* organizes an annual persist* Summit, Berlin's only career summit for the social and sustainable sector.
At persist*, you can get face-to-face with employers at the career fair, while also attending workshops and networking events at the conference. Students, graduates, career changers, and those already working in the impact sector come together learn about mission-driven careers, build on their network of like-minded professionals, and gather the knowledge and expertise they need to find a new job or develop their career.
Here you can find out when and where the next persist* Summit is taking place.
- Sense Camp - a weekend ‘unconference’ for social entrepreneurship and innovation including inspiring speakers, great workshops, wonderful people and delicious food & drinks.
- Re:campaign - the industry gathering for online campaigners from civil society, foundations and the communications industry.
- Re:publica - Europe’s largest internet and digital society conference with roughly 50 percent female speakers, ranking the event as one of the most inclusive of its kind.
- Ecosummit - International conference for smart green startups, investors and corporates, working towards the vision of automating sustainability in energy, mobility and cities.
- Leadership³ Festival of Perspectives - A four day festival during which participants explore, learn and celebrate together by experimenting a new leadership culture based on transparency, connection, awareness and trust.
- Deutscher Stiftungstag - Networking summit for foundations and partners from all over germany.
- Social Summit - For two days, guests from business, politics, administration, foundations and non-profit organizations discuss socio-political issues and opportunities for social change.
- ISIRC Conference - An interdisciplinary research conference which brings together scholars from across the globe to discuss social innovation through a variety of perspectives.
- Sensability - This annual conference centering on Social Entrepreneurship is an event created by students for students to interact with social entrepreneurs, learn about sustainability in business and get actively involved with the entire field.
- Purpose Summit Berlin - An international event held across two days which provides the chance to network with a like-minded community of changemakers, social entrepreneurs and spiritual activists.
- Fair Friends - a trade fair for all things related to sustainable lifestyles, social responsibility and fair trade.
- Grünes Geld - A fair for sustainable investment that presents a variety of trends in this growing field for investors and professionals.
- Entrepreneurship Summit - An annual summit about entrepreneurship which encourage entrepreneurs to get their impact plans started and to present their concepts.
- Wear Fair - Austria's largest fair to find the latest fashion trends and innovative gadgets for a fair, ecological and sustainable lifestyle.
- Consozial - Germany's largest congress trade fair for the social economy, bringing together corporates from the social sector, entrepreneurs and specialists.
- Next Organic - the largest european awards for sustainable innovations within the ecological sector.
- Karma Konsum - A free online conference for people who care about mindful living, sustainability and actively making positive changes.
- Persist* Summit - Germany’s first career summit for social impact professionals. Whether you’re looking to recruit top talent or simply to connect with sector professionals and other leading mission-driven organizations, we can help you.
Conferences for Jobseekers:
- Persist (Berlin): Students, graduates, career changers, and those already working in the impact sector meet to learn about mission-driven careers, build on their network of like-minded professionals, and gather the knowledge and expertise they need to find a new job or develop their career.
- Connecticum (Berlin): An international career fair with a focus on IT and economics, mainly aimed at students, graduates and young professionals.
- Akademika (Augsburg and Nürnberg): Largest and most important recruiting fair in Southern Germany which takes place twice a year with the main focus on computer science, engineering and economics.
- JobNatur (Hamburg): Focuses on environmental protection and sustainability. A platform for companies, associations, foundations, universities and educational institutions that promote jobs with purpose or which offer training and further education opportunities.
- Let's Care (Hamburg): focus on social professions, exhibitors from the fields of health care, child and youth welfare, family welfare, help for the disabled, care for the elderly and other social institutions offer jobs, apprenticeships, internships and further training.
- ENGAGEMENT WELTWEIT (Bonn): Trade Fair for Jobs in International Development Cooperation
- Career Fair International Organizations (Berlin): aimed at students, graduates and professionals who are interested in working in international organizations and European institutions.
- herCareer (Munich): Career fair for graduates, women in specialist and management positions and female entrepreneurs.
- Sticks&Stones (Berlin and Munich): Europe's largest LGBT job and career fair, featuring around 100 employers which are committed to an open and inclusive corporate culture.