Whether you’re new to Germany or looking to reorient yourself professionally, this guide is here to help you. Written by experts in the field, it's your insider pass to Germany’s social impact sector. By the end of this guide, you’ll have a clear understanding of how the German impact sector works and who its key actors are. Plus you’ll be armed with practical resources and honest advice to help you take your job search to the next level.
As the leading social and sustainable career platform in Germany, tbd* has helped over one million people find their careers with impact. For the past five years, we’ve had our finger on the pulse of all things social and sustainable in Germany. We also know from personal experience that getting your foot in the door can be tough. That’s why we decided to create this guide and share absolutely everything we know with you.
Packed full of resources to help you find meaningful work in Germany, use this guide to discover:
- An overview of the key players in the German impact sector
- City career guides for Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Bonn, Cologne and Stuttgart
- Key issues and causes to work on - and which organizations work on them
- Insider advice on how to make the move easier and what to expect when you arrive
- The top language programs to get you conversing fluently in no time
- A better understanding of German work culture
- The latest research on salaries and job satisfaction in Germany
- Application advice from German HR experts
- The best events, conferences and networking opportunities happening now
- The top co-working spaces to help you meet people and get involved in your new community
- How to start your own business in Germany and tips for freelancing
- Where to find the best volunteering opportunities
- And much more!
In the first section, you’ll find exclusive insights into Germany’s flourishing impact sector. Think of it as your insider guide to help you understand who the key players are. To make it easy to navigate, we’ve broken it down by organization type (social business, foundations, nonprofits, etc.), by causes (who is working on what issues) and by region (local city guides!).
The second section will tell you everything you need to know before applying, whether it be understanding German work culture, salary expectations and job satisfaction, or getting application tips from German HR experts. These chapters are full of practical advice to help you get settled in and working happily (and with purpose) in no time.
As alternative work models become increasingly envogue, the final section of this guide will go beyond the traditional 9-5. This section includes plenty of resources for those wanting to start their own social business, as well as anyone else who is looking to mix up their current work routine whether it be through intrapreneurship, volunteering or freelancing on the side.
So without further ado, we invite you to dive in and explore Germany’s social impact sector. Enjoy!