Have you got an idea for tackling a social or environmental problem? The School for Social Entrepreneurs' want to help support you. Their Fellowship Programme provides practical learning for those who are working on issues like housing, employment, education, mental health, gangs, drug and alcohol addiction, poverty, ageing, LGBT issues, social and elderly care, the refugee crisis, the environment and many more.
This programme could be right for you if:
- You’ve got an idea for how to tackle a social or environmental problem
- You want to turn your idea into a business or charity, and have thought about how it could make money
- You’re talking to people about how your start-up could work – though you don’t need to have registered it or officially started up yet
- You like learning by doing, in a practical way
- You’d enjoy getting to know people from different backgrounds
- You can commit to one to three days per month, from May 2018 to January 2019
You’ll be part of a group of around 15 people starting up projects like yours and will get 20 days of learning & support, spread out over nine months.
You can find out more and book an informal information session here.
Interested in more content like this? Sign up for our weekly UK newsletter here.
Originally published December 6, 2017