About TMG GmbH
TMG - Töpfer, Müller, Gaßner GmbH provides strategic advice and implements concrete solutions for sustainability to governments, private firms, and international organisations. It brings sound knowledge and practical experience in facilitating national, European, and international processes and is dedicated to the analysis and solution of new and complex challenges.
About the project
PLAN’EAT is a Horizon Europe project that seeks the development of innovative, effective tools and strategies to facilitate the transition towards healthy and sustainable dietary behaviour in Europe. In a consortium of 24 European partners, TMG will lead the work on True Cost Accounting (TCA) to analyse the environmental, health and social impacts of European diets. TMG will analyse the TCA data availability, develop a database of the average true costs of 100+ European food products as well as assess the true cost of three different European dietary patterns.
- Perform the research tasks of the PLAN’EAT project with a focus on life cycle assessment (LCA) data collection and analysis and desk research
- Support with the development of a TCA database for the food and farming sector
- Support with the conduct of TCA case studies
- Write scientific and non-scientific publications and other forms of outreach
- Provide technical and strategic guidance to further develop the TCA method
- Support in strategically positioning the project in the relevant national and international (policy) debates
- Master’s degree in agricultural economics, environmental science, engineering or a related field
- Experience in scientific desk and applied research as well as in writing and science communication
- Relevant professional experience and applied skills in performing life cycle assessments (LCA) as well as experience with the use of LCA software
- Ability to work with datasets, knowledge of statistics is a plus
- Basic knowledge of sustainable food systems incl. the environmental, social and health impacts of food production and consumption
- Excellent management and organisational skills
- Knowledge of R, SQL or similar statistical/data management and data visualization tools is a plus
- Familiarity with standards and frameworks such as ISO14040/44, PEFCR, GHG Protocol, SBTi is a plus
- Excellent English language skills, good knowledge of German is an asset
We offer you
- Meaningful interaction with national as well as international organisations in the field of sustainable development
- A dynamic, diverse and international working environment
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
- Salary in accordance with TVöD (Bund) E13, including annual bonus payment acc. to TVöD (Bund)
- 30 days of paid annual leave in accordance with TVöD
- Opportunities for professional development
- Regular social team events
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and initially limited to March 2025, with the prospect of contract extension pending further funding. Preferred duty station is Berlin.
How to apply
Please submit your full application including a cover letter, CV and two references (contact persons) and/or reference letters and links to selected publications (if available) in one PDF document (max. 5 MB). Please upload your application online via the application button.
For more information about the PLAN’EAT project, please visit https://planeat-project.eu/ . For details on the position, project coordinator Olivia Riemer (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be happy to answer your questions. For details on the application process, please contact Vanessa Venne (email@example.com).
TMG is an employer that promotes equal rights and equal opportunities and provides a respectful work environment free from discrimination and intimidation. We treat all applicants equally, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, religion/belief, age, migration background, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Women, people with disabilities and people with a migration background are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.