Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible, subject to the availability of funding
Duration: Two years, with the possibility of extension
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Programme Finance Coordinator for its Headquarters in Berlin. Under the supervision of the Director of Finances and in close collaboration with the Programme Manager Africa, you will be responsible for all financial aspects of the implementation of DRI programmes in Africa.
- First contact point within HQ for all financial issues for the assigned projects;
- Responsible for the finance management of the assigned projects in close collaboration with the DRI country offices, partners and subgrantees in the implementation countries;
- Budget drafting during proposal phase
- Preparation of the budget follow-up, forecast and cash flow
- Process invoices in Microsoft Business Central (BC);
- Monitor expenditure of the assigned projects in BC;
- Budget addenda and financial reports to the donors;
- Coordination of expenditure verifications and audits;
- Financial management of partners and subgrantees and capacity building as necessary;
- Liaising with the finance staff in the implementing countries, the programme Manager Africa in HQ, the donors, consortium leaders and partners regarding financial issues;
- Ensures compliance with DRI’s policies and procedures, donors’ rules and regulations and communicates relevant changes to all involved stakeholders;
- Support the DRI country offices with set-up, internal management, closure regarding financial and administrative issues;
- Support in recruitment and induction of new finance team members in country offices;
- Act as focal point on technical and thematic issues as assigned.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in an appropriate subject (business, finance, economics, or accounting);
- Minimum five years of financial and/or accounting, auditing experience within the NGO sector;
- Experience with finance management of projects funded by international donors;
- Good knowledge of the European Commission regulations for grant implementation;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff; sensitive to cultural differences when working with people from other cultures; strong ability and willingness to transfer knowledge and build capacities of teams in implementing countries;
- Advanced IT skills, in-depth knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel and an ERP system or another Accounting software;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Business Central;
- Knowledge of German and other African languages is an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours, 30 days of annual leave, a contribution to public transport (company ticket with BVG), travel health insurance, vocational training for every employee, and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) here. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: 22 January 2023. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Elbestr. 28 / 29
12045 Berlin, Germany
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is an international, not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to political participation and democratic governance around the world. DRI headquarters (HQ) is located in Berlin; DRI has country offices in Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Lebanon, and Ukraine and works with local partners in a number of other countries. The working language is English.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.