Operations Associate (Teamassistenz)
Status: This is a rolling application process and you can expect to hear back from us within 1 week after submitting an application.
WeMove Europe is an independent and values-based organisation that seeks to build people power to transform Europe in the name of our community, future generations and the planet. We are people from all walks of life, who call Europe our home – whether we were born in Europe or elsewhere.
Our job is to move a community of a million people across Europe on issues that matter - including the climate emergency, migrant rights, workers rights, better governance, and more. We know this number of people also needs to grow and diversify further so we can represent a strong critical mass that can bring about change in Europe.
We work with staff in 10 countries who connect digitally every day and in person periodically.
About the role
Your job is to support the organisation and our team with travels, meetings, reimbursements and other administrative matters, such as contracts and archive management and legal correspondence. When we hire new staff, you support the recruitment process.
Your tasks will include:
- Taking care of our Berlin office space and administrative processes
- Organising contracts signing and archiving according to German legislation
- Supporting with German legal correspondence and documentation processes
- Supporting staff travel and reimbursement arrangements
- Handling staff equipment needs
- Organising the logistics of our team retreats and board meetings
- Supporting in recruitment and onboarding processes
You enjoy being in an all-around position of providing the best possible support for a team. You love communicating with people and you are well organised and great in juggling competing priorities. You look forward to working in a team where we all strive towards learning from each other and building a diverse and inclusive workplace culture.
We are looking for someone with ...
- Native-level German speaking and writing
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
- An eye for details and commitment to accuracy and maintaining structures
- Experience of office management and events organising
- A support-oriented mind
- The ability to quickly learn new software and online tools
- Fluency in English to a degree that you can work in an English-speaking environment
- Cultural sensitivity to work with an intercultural, decentralised team on a remote basis
- Excited about the core values of WeMove Europe
Bonus skills and knowledge
- Basic understanding of legal conditions of German charities (gGmbH; verein)
- Experience with recruitment
- Intermediate Excel user
- Additional European languages
- Experience in NGO sector
Terms and conditions
Contract: Permanent contract, based on German labour code, with 6 month probation
Start date: as soon as possible
Working time: 32 - 40 hours per week over 5 days a week
Salary range: 42,000 - 48,000 gross year salary by full time, depending on experience
Work location: at our office space in Berlin (remote working not possible)
In order to enhance the diversity of our team, we encourage applicants of all origins, ages and diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit an application in English*. This is a rolling application process and you can expect to hear back from us within 1 week after submitting an application. Click here to apply through our recruitment portal
- motivation letter mentioning of your experience with voluntary political activism
- contact details for three references (name, function, e-mail, phone number)
- CV mentioning your language skills in your first language, English and other languages according to a scale from A1 to C2
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
* Please make sure that your CV and motivation letter is entirely in English. Any applications sent in other languages will not be processed.
The recruitment consists of these steps:
- Evaluation of applications
- An online exercise for chosen candidates.
- Round of job interviews for those scoring best in the exercise
Please note: After confirmation of receipt, notice of the status of your application will be given at the end of the recruitment process only.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.