The BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt promotes responsible leadership and inspires leaders worldwide to work towards a peaceful, just and sustainable future. Through our programs, networks, and investments, we provide a platform through which leaders can enhance their personal and professional responsibility and thus contribute to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda of the United Nations.
We are looking for a full-time employee in communications at our Berlin office at the earliest possible date.
As an employee of an agile team, you communicate the goals, work and impact of the foundation. These include the following:
- Support the objectives of the BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt by shaping and bringing to life our mission and work as a global leadership organization and communicating this to our different stakeholders.
- Planning and implementation of holistic, cross-channel campaigns for our initiatives, activities, partnerships and leadership programs.
- Content creation (design and copy) about the foundation and our Responsible Leaders Network in multiple channels: reports, presentations, website, TwentyThirty, all social media channels and other publications
- Management of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin), creating content across platforms.
- Development of strategies and evaluation processes to increase performance on our channels.
- Consulting and supporting the foundation’s team in communication matters (corporate design, copywriting).
- Participation in our leadership programs and events, especially providing on-site communication activities (i.e., lead video interviews, social media coverage).
- Cooperation with agencies, journalists, designers and management of service providers and other freelancers from Germany and abroad.
Education: Degree (M.A. or equivalent) in a relevant field (e.g. Communications, Design, Advertising).
Languages: Fluent in German and English, in reading and writing
Experience: At least 3 years of relevant practical experience in:
- Translating an organization’s work into a compelling conceptual communications narrative (including but not limited to copy and design).
- High-quality, self-organized content creation for multiple channels, including the planning and implementation of communications campaigns.
- Increasing an organization’s reach by boosting performance through consistent content delivery alignedwith a content strategy.
- Strong interest in leadership and social impact field as well as knowledge about the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
- Experience working in the philanthropy/non-profit sector of advantage.
- Understanding of and working aligned with organizational goals, progressing on the communications measures needed to advance the organization.
- Creative thinker and problem-solver, thriving in the culturally diverse environment of a global organization.
- Self-organized: being able to work autonomously in an agile environment, handling multiple projects with various deadlines and priorities.
- Willingness to travel regularly.
- Intercultural skills to cooperate and exchange with partners, network members and service providers from other regions/countries.
Software/Tools: Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office; desirable: SalesForce Marketing Cloud.
What we offer
- A fixed-term, full-time employment contract with the option of an unlimited contract at the end of the 18- month contract period.
- An adequate remuneration in the form of a fixed monthly salary.
- A challenging, self-dependent job in a globally established foundation that aims to set standards and be inspired by digital trends.
- A friendly working climate in a highly motivated and dynamic team.
Please send your full English application and your portfolio (link) to Ms. Paula Quintas via email@example.com by April 17, 2019. Your cover letter should explain your motivation to join our team and include your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date.
For more information about the Foundation and its activities, please visit our website at http://bmw-foundation.org/
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.