Applications due by: 25 June 2023
Start date: 1 August 2023
Working hours: 39 hours per week
The International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance is the only intergovernmental organization that is exclusively focused on addressing issues related to the Holocaust and Genocide of the Roma around the world.
We bring together governments and experts across disciplines to further understanding of the Holocaust and the Genocide of the Roma and address contemporary challenges by developing and promoting international policies and programs that strengthen pluralistic, democratic and inclusive societies and contribute to efforts to prevent future atrocities.
The IHRA’s work is coordinated by the Permanent Office, consisting of currently 17 staff members. The Permanent Office provides support and advice to the annually rotating Presidencies of the IHRA, the Plenary and the Working Groups and Committees. It helps implement the IHRA strategy and the Plenary’s decisions, it manages IHRA’s own projects, the IHRA grants and coordinates the organizations’ communication efforts.
In your role as Junior Project Manager you would be part of the Programs Team, which manages the IHRA’s projects, The IHRA Grant Program and supports the IHRA bodies, including the Plenary and the Working Group and Committees. Your responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the planning and overseeing of events;
- Drafting and reviewing correspondence and IHRA papers;
- Supporting communication and coordination with Permanent International Partners such as the European Commission;
- Ordering project material and supporting its dissemination;
- Providing administrative support, such as maintaining team calendar;
- Document management and filing;
- Undertaking ad hoc tasks as required, such as tech support during online workshops;
- Attending team meetings and taking minutes.
- You have a university degree.
- You have relevant work experience and strong organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German;
- Advanced Office365 skills including sharepoint and excel;
- You are able to prioritize, and you plan your time efficiently;
- You enjoy working in a team. You are willing to take direction from your colleagues in the team while assuming ownership of your tasks.
- Microsoft dynamics skills or experience with planning apps would be a plus.
What we offer
- Initially, a contract for seven months, with the option for renewal, pending budget approval.
- A Berlin-based international office with a dynamic, motivated team.
- Introduction into project management.
- Salary based on the German civil service collective agreement in the public sector (TVöD E10/E11)
- Opportunities for professional development.
How to apply
Send the following documents in English, combined in one single PDF entitled “Junior Project Manager_(and name)” to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A letter of motivation, outlining why you would like to work with us and how you meet the requirements.
- Your CV
- At least one letter of reference
Qualified candidates may be asked to participate in a written test and to be interviewed personally/via zoom.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.