With the "empowering people. Network – Technologies for Basic Needs", Siemens Stiftung aims to make promising solutions accessible and further their successful implementation on the basis of sustainable entrepreneurship models.
TakaTaka is looking for a
Logistics Consultant (f/m)
for 3 weeks to 5 weeks
to Optimize Route Management. We think this is a meaningful project for the seasoned logistics professional to support waste management in Nairobi, Kenya in exchange for flights, housing, and food.
Urban Kenya is faced with waste management problem. In Nairobi, 2.5 out 3.5 million people cannot afford waste collection services. Farmers in rural areas are faced with declining soil fertility, which negatively affects their productivity and income. TakaTaka Solutions is a Nairobi-based social enterprise that provides end-to-end waste management services. By recycling and composting 90% of waste, TakaTaka Solutions is able to provide affordable waste management services to all income areas while, at the same time, providing farmers with high-quality compost (organic fertilizer) that increases soil fertility.
The Project and Ideal Volunteer
TakaTaka is looking for a logistics consultant to support their local staff in developing their logistics and route management by incorporating global best practices. This will lead to reduced working hours of their staff, cost savings and the collection of more waste. The ideal candidate will have had 10+ years of logistics experience, with a specific focus on:
- Route planning
- Route monitoring
- Design of routing systems
- Strong knowledge of ICT systems with regards to logistics
- Previous experience with fleet management
- Strong in Excel and relevant logistics software"
Additionally, local staff shall be trained to develop and update their route management independently.
The success of the project will be measured in
- Improved services for waste collection clients
- Reduced missed collections
- More timely services
- Reduced working hours for collection staff
- Reduced costs for TakaTaka Solutions will enable quicker growth and bigger impact
- Reduction in working hours per truck
- Reduction in fuel costs
Deliverables of the expert:
- Design new route management tool/approach
- Design new route monitoring tool/approach
- Data Analysis
Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.