Yunus Social Business - Global Initiatives (YSB) is a non-profit venture fund. We believe that business can be used to solve human problems. We turn donations into investments in social businesses that provide employment, education, healthcare, clean water and clean energy to over a million people worldwide.
Founded in 2011 by Saskia Bruysten, Sophie Eisenmann and Nobel Peace Laureate Muhammad Yunus, our mission is to promote social business as a sustainable alternative to long-term aid, bridging the gap between business and philanthropy. Our social business venture fund covers 7 regions and our in-country teams run regular workshops and social business accelerators for local entrepreneurs. We invest in promising social businesses providing them with patient finance as well as long term business support. Join our global team and take leadership in strengthening our brand position and building out our communications efforts, from design to execution.
We are looking for a
Global Brand & Communications Manager (m/f),
You will report directly to the YSB Global CEO and will work closely with the global YSB Partnerships and Fundraising team as well as the YSB country teams around the world.
- Work closely with YSB senior leadership at global and country level to propose and agree an effective Brand & Communications Strategy
- Help maximize the communications impact from YSB’s participation in high level events incl. World Economic Forum, Clinton Global Initiative, UN Week in New York, etc.
- Help refine and communicate our value proposition to major stakeholders and further position YSB as thought leader in the social business space
- Create and manage engaging, appealing and creative marketing material for relevant stakeholder groups
- Get the YSB and entrepreneur stories told in mainstream media as well as special interest channels, offline and online, build strong media relations
- Review existing brand guidelines and oversee their execution across all YSB countries
- Create content for our website, blog, social media, thought pieces, annual report, etc
- Act as service provider and advisor to global and country teams to ensure harmonization of communication efforts around the world
- Manage YSB’s social media, website and communication platforms, including updating with latest news and activity updates, and improvement of reach and performance
- Use analytic tools to propose and implement effective brand messaging and communications channels
- Liaise with YSB country offices on an ongoing basis to streamline and improve YSB’s communication efforts
- Work on more project-specific tasks, depending on needs and availability
- A great opportunity to use your talent, skills and enthusiasm to help create social businesses with us!
- An exciting work environment with great scope for taking on significant responsibilities within projects and within the organization.
- A lot of joy in all our projects and a friendly, young, international team.
- You have previously led brand and communications efforts (or had a senior position) within a fast growing, ideally international setting – including strategy development and execution
- You understand the challenges and opportunities of a global brand icon like Prof. Yunus combined with a young and evolving organisation like YSB and the necessary strategies to further amplify its reach
- You have a firm grasp of all relevant communication channels, with experience in online and offline channels, copy editing, ideally video production, analytics reporting and graphic design
- You are a self-starter with top-notch communications skills, can manage projects independently without a lot of guidance, and are able to manage several projects at the same time under time pressure;
- You can build consensus among a diverse and international group and feel comfortable with remote team work and are excited about being part of a diverse, fast-paced, global start-up environment
- You are passionate about and immersed into relevant topics, developments and conversations in the field of social impact and innovation
- You are fluent and proficient in spoken and written English and German and have an engaging writing skill
- Excellent PowerPoint skills, ideally experience in Photoshop or InDesign, video editing is a plus, creativity and attention to detail
How to Apply
Please enter your details along with your cover letter and upload your English CV and some writing examples, using the form on our website here. Tell us about how you match up to the characteristics we are looking for and why you would be a great addition to our team. Please indicate where you heard about this job opportunity. Please also let us know your earliest start date and your salary expectations.
We hope for your understanding that, due to the many applications we receive, we can only contact shortlisted applicants. Thank you.
We are looking forward to your application!
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.