WikiRate is a Berlin-based non-profit organization with a mission to spur corporations to be transparent and respond to the world's social and environmental challenges. Wikirate.org is an open, editable research platform that connects a global community. The collaborative platform enables academics, non-profits, standard bodies, investors, companies, and the general public to research, discuss and rate company performance. WikiRate lets individuals and organizations push for greater corporate disclosure and transparency through open, quality research that enhances the WikiRate platform as a tool for advocacy, education, research and analysis.
As a collaborative research site, WikiRate offers a unique mix of design challenges, ranging from interactive visualizations to data verification, gamification, notifications, and widgets for external sites.
- You are responsible for the continuous development of our products’ usability: From first visual ideas to the development of a design concept, the detailed finalization of features and our website and applications.
- You conduct user research and create user flows, wireframes, user interfaces and prototypes for all areas of our product.
- You increase the quality of our product by finding ways to improve the design process, the UI specifications and our style guide.
- You are part of our product team and work closely with our developers.
YOUR TALENTS & SKILLS
- You have already gained 5+ years of experience as a product designer, UI / UX designer or a similar role, working on both websites and (web) applications.
- You are an expert in data visualizations and skilled at interpreting quantitative data.
- You are highly skilled in Sketch, Invision, Adobe CC and/or other prototyping tools with a high standard for quality.
- You are an expert in User Experience and passionate about UI design.
- You have a deep understanding of and interest in technology and design trends.
- You have a basic knowledge of HTML / CSS.
- Experience in designing data dashboards is a strong plus.
- Affinity with product management is a compelling advantage.
- You can work effectively with small, cross-functional teams.
- You’re collaborative and a team player, excited about big challenges.
- Affinity for wikis and digital tools for self-organized communities is an asset.
We’re offering more than just benefits.
- Values: We stand for transparency, open data, and collective action.
- Purpose: The ability to change the role companies play in tackling the world’s social and environmental challenges.
- Dynamic: A team setting with a high degree of collaboration and autonomy.
- Growth: We foster learning and provide a monthly contribution to professional development courses, to further boost your career.
- International: Our team is from Germany, Greece, Mexico, the Netherlands, Scotland and the US.
- Recreation: We offer flexible working hours and 25 days vacation plus the days between Christmas and New Years.
- Commitment: A full-time (40 hours/week) 1-year contract with the possibility to be renewed into a permanent contract, based upon the availability of funds.
- Compensation: €45,000/year.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your:
- CV (max 2 pages)
- cover letter (max 1 page) - including your thoughts on what challenge(s) you would tackle first if you were to join the organization
- link or PDF of visual design portfolio
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview on a rolling basis.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.