The World Food Programme, the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide, is offering life-changing job opportunities you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations. Working at WFP will give you the opportunity to work beyond your expectations, to be enriched by truly meaningful work and deepen your professional expertise.
WFP is driven and defined by the mission to fight world hunger, save lives, feed people’s dreams of a brighter future, reduce risk and help enable people, communities, and countries meet their own food and nutrition needs. WFP goes anywhere it’s needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done. You will find our people at the heart of every major humanitarian intervention around the world, providing the essential life-saving foundation required for those furthest behind. Each year, we reach an average of 80 million people with food assistance in around 80 countries.
Delivering our mission requires deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team. While the 15,000 people working for WFP reflect the rich diversity of the world in which we work, the vital importance of our shared mission underpins a remarkably close community of purpose.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
We are seeking to fill a temporary position of
Business Support Assistant G2
based in the WFP Office in Berlin, Germany.
Applicants must reside within commuting distance of the duty station in Berlin, Germany
Under the direct supervision of the Business Support Associate (G6), you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the teams of WFP Berlin, Share the Meal (STM) and WFP Innovation Accelerator Munich.
- Provide assistance to Business Support Associate in coordinating meeting requests by collecting, sorting and disseminating correspondence, reports, and other materials.
- Provide calendar updates to team members for various meetings/information.
- Respond to simple routine queries with readily available support by senior staff, and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate response to inquiries.
- Assist in response to various inquiries from staff in the office to provide readily available information from office files, databases or routine information.
- Maintain stationery supplies, including supplies for communal equipment.
- Operate various office equipment, including photocopier, facsimile, printer, scanner, and conference call unit.
- Assist Business Support Associate with welcoming visitors to Berlin Office, including assistance with their scheduling and logistical arrangements and document requirements
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of secondary school education.
Experience and competencies
- Two or more years of experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Ability to follow standard business support processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft Word/ Excel
- Ability to provide information using courtesy and tact.
- Good attention to details.
- Fluency (level C) in English and German language.
Terms and conditions
The selected candidate will be employed on an eleven months’ temporary assistant (TAU) contract.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Applicants may be:
- German nationals holding a valid passport and/or identity card.
- EU citizens holding a valid passport and/or identity card; AND with confirmed registration from the German authorities.
- Non-EU citizens holding a valid German Resident Permit.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 12 December 2018
Ref.: VA 101932
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.