WeMove Europe is an organisation that connects activists and movements across borders to take action towards a different kind of Europe, one that puts people and planet at the centre. After launching in 2015 over 920,000 members make up the WeMove Europe community. We are looking for a Finance Officer to join our dedicated team of over 27 staff located across Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Poland, the UK and Slovenia), and more specifically to join our Operations team.
The Finance Officer will join our dynamic, growing team to help us grow a thriving, active community of people who care about nature, climate change, human rights, inequality, supporting good ideas like free public transport, dropping bad ones like single-use plastics. We are looking for candidates who above all else will be committed to the work we do, and to building a community that wants to fight for a better Europe.
This role is based in our main office in Berlin, Germany.
As the finance office you will be
- Responsible for processing invoices and other payment procedures
- Maintaining daily communication with German accountants regarding payment procedures and related documentation
- Monitoring bank accounts and transactions
- Monitoring credit card payments and managing related documentation
- Responsible for maintaining assets inventory
- Preparing monthly accounting documentation for two legal entities
- Responsible for reimbursement claim procedures and processing, and supporting the wider team in these processes
- Supporting with offline and online archiving of financial and HR documentation
- Supporting the wider team with administrative and finance related Q & A’s
- You have proven experience with handling financial administration and bookkeeping
- You are comfortable with providing support and communicating about financial matters
- You are system savvy and work comfortably with Excel
- Keeping systems and archives organised is a joy for you
- You value diligence and are detail oriented
- You speak/write English fluently and speaking/reading/writing German is a MUST
- You are comfortable with processing documents in a variety of European languages
- You dream about applying your skills for a non-profit organisation
- You are comfortable in executing a supportive role, motivated to contribute with self-initiative and creativity for new and better solutions and processes
- You are happy to work in a young organisation, still developing its structures
- You are open to work in an intercultural, decentralised team
The following skills are considered a bonus
- Experience with bookkeeping software systems
- Intermediate to advanced Excel user
- Additional language skills
- Experience in NGO sector and/or volunteering experiences
Terms and conditions
- Full time position (40hrs/week)
- 30 vacation days/year
- Unlimited contract starting 15th June 2020 (including a 6 months probation period)
- Salary will be similar to German public service. (“In Anlehnung an TVöD 10”)
- Location: Berlin - Kreuzberg
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace which is why people from communities that experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity; women; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply.
We do not share the implicit belief that people in campaigning organisations necessarily have to be very young and encourage people who left their twenties and thirties behind to apply, including those caring for small children.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send an application in English by April 14, 2020 09:00am to email@example.com (max. 10 MB).
- Motivation letter. Please include mention of your experience as an activist (voluntary and/or professional), and provide 1-2 references.
- CV, including any other language skills according to a scale from A1 to C2.
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will ask suitable candidates for the availability to do a 1-2h online task on April 20/21 and those who complete the task successfully will be invited to a video interview on April 27/28. In case the interview was successful, we will invite you to a second interview in person in our Berlin office on May 07.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.