Well Grounded is London’s first specialty coffee training academy, which connects people looking for work with sustainable careers in the coffee industry, regardless of their background. We are looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join our team, with great interpersonal skills and a love of coffee.
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing start up, ambitious about making a real difference to the lives of people in our local community. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work in a fast paced, cause-driven dynamic environment and get a diverse range of opportunities across social enterprise.
Well Grounded seeks a
Full time or Part time opportunity
£18,000 - £25,000 pro rata, dependent on experience
Main Purpose of Post:
We are recruiting for a number of roles so the scope of this role is flexible. We want to meet the right person for the organisations’ plans for the future. We want you to grow with us. In the next year we aim to launch more products to support the work we are doing at our Academy. The below is the minimum requirement. Tell us what else you might bring!
- To support our Head of Coffee with all coffee training*
- To provide mentorship to trainees through one on one support work
- To maintain the training space, including stock control, purchasing and managing coffee supplies & equipment
- To support the development of content for Well Grounded social media platforms
- To research coffee trends and activity and keep the team up to date with developments.
- To write blog content as needed
- To be an Ambassador for Well Grounded, speaking at events, schools and local groups
- To attend weekly meetings to ensure all staff are kept up to date
- To manage events and recruitment activities in partnership with the progressions coordinator.
- To work with the Head of Coffee on refining training programs and related materials
This is a full time permanent role, although part time will be considered. Your place of work will be flexible based on where training is taking place, but will be within zones 1-3. Predominate location E14 6GN.
*Our coffee training combines technical SCA training & soft skills training (customer service, confidence & teamwork).
- Of working to tight deadlines (study or work)
- Completing administrative tasks, including the use of excel and word or alternatives
- Working or communicating with a range of people from different backgrounded
- An ability to work collaboratively, taking and incorporating feedback
- A commitment to social impact and a belief in supporting everyone to reach their full potential
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate with a range of people from different backgrounds
- An interest and knowledge of coffee
- Experience of working in hospitality and/or specialty coffee
- Coffee training experience
- Barista experience
- Experience of working, studying or volunteering with vulnerable/disadvantaged young people or adults.
In video format tell us: What you want to bring to the role and where you would like to see Well Grounded in 3 years time. Video can be sent using a file transfer system like wetransfer, dropbox or Google Drive or via whatsapp to 07852354302.
Send with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on 4th June.
Please put in the subject header your name and the role you are applying for.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Eve on 07771661259 or at email@example.com
Also, take a look at:
Website: www.wellgroundedjobs.co.uk Twitter & Instagram: @wellgroundedhq
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.