Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Transparency International (TI) is looking for a:
Office Management Coordinator
The Office Management Coordinator coordinates the Office Management team and manages all office facilities, office support equipment, furniture and storage space of the TI Secretariat (approx. 120 staff). The Office Management Coordinator manages the effective functioning of office supplies and support to overall office operations and ensures that mandatory Health & Safety standards are consistently being met.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin/Germany
Team: Human Resources / Office Management
Job grade: III
- Effectively coordinate the Office management team and manage the facilities budget and operations
- Plan and prioritise the different areas requiring office management support, and determine how to best proceed in each case and coordinate resource allocation within the team
- Supervise inventory of TI-S office supplies, furniture, and technical equipment (incl. photocopiers, beamers, phones, etc.)
- Manage the functioning and maintenance of TI-S office facilities ensuring effective insurance arrangements are in place and compliance requirements for insurance coverage are fully met
- Ensure the ambience and working hygiene of TI-S facilities
- Ensure that mandatory Health & Safety standards are consistently being met and support the creation and maintenance of a healthy work environment
- Provide support to TI-S staff on all issues related to facilities usage and other office management matters
- Support and/or coordinate TI-S events (incl. workshops, meetings, etc.)
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Undergraduate university degree or professional qualification/s in business administration or related fields
- 5+ years of relevant practical experience with demonstrated in-depth knowledge in administration, management or relevant fields
- Experience in project management (incl. planning, budgeting, implementation, review)
- Professional language proficiency in both English (working language of the organization) and German required
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills with a pragmatic and proactive approach and a high level of flexibility and adaptability
- Strong team orientation and ability to provide effective leadership to a small team
- Ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain cooperative and productive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- High level of intercultural awareness, diplomacy and political sensitivity and ability to handle sensitive information
- Good knowledge of MS Office (in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Interest in anti-corruption work and commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the source of the application, TBD) and CV in English (in one pdf-file) to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 26 August 2018.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about Transparency International please visit our website at www.transparency.org
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.