Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organization leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Transparency International seeks a
The Graphic Designer leads the design of TI marketing products, both online and print, producing data visualizations, infographics, key design materials and coordinating the overall look and feel and quality assurance of graphic design standards across TI-S and the TI Movement. S/he works with minimal supervision to coordinate multiple publishing projects, with a focus on design dependent ones, supervising the work of external vendors.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Duration: limited for 2 years, with the possibility of extension
- Work hours: Part-time (50%)
- Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin, Germany
- Team: Communications
- Job grade: III
- Conceptualize and design all types of online materials such as infographics, social media, banners, email templates and other content that communicates TI work and key messages in a visually compelling and engaging style
- Manage the design and U/I components of major web and technology dependent communications development projects
- Oversee key TI print and marketing products, including publications, posters, flyers, etc.
- Supervise the work of external designers and printers, ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget and to expected quality
- Maintain, revise and implement TI visual identity graphical and design standards to ensure consistency and TI brand protection
- Oversee the development and maintenance of design materials and templates for use by TI Secretariat and TI National Chapters
- Keep current with emerging digital trends and technologies
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in communications, arts, design or another relevant field
- 5+ years practical experience in design work for an agency
- Proven track record of producing visually impactful designs, both online and print
- Expert use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; Adobe Premiere an advantage
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and remain calm under pressure
- Dynamic self-starter; highly motivated, comfortable in taking initiative and able to work with minimum supervision, with a thorough eye for detail
- Structured, reliable, flexible and highly articulate
- Additional languages, in particular Spanish and/or French, desirable
- Knowledge of and interest in corruption, development issues and international affairs
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with a relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the origin of the application, “TBD”), CV, a portfolio of their previous relevant work or a link to their website to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 25 March 2018.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.