Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Regional Coordinator
supports or coordinates actions aimed at strengthening TI’s presence, reputation and impact in assigned countries where they are the primary TI-S contact. The Regional Coordinator represents TI in regional institutions, supports Chapters’ work/representation at national level, monitors political developments, identifies reputational risks, coordinates campaigns, capacity development and advocacy interventions, and supports implementation of the Accreditation Policy.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin/Germany, with international travel
Team: Movement Stakeholders
- Monitor the political situation, anti-corruption developments, reputational risks and media opportunities in assigned countries and to provide locally relevant anti-corruption insights to internal and external stakeholders
- Support Chapters in capacity building, fundraising and developing joint initiatives
- Promote and support all aspects of capacity development, citizen engagement, knowledge exchange and governance in the assigned Chapters, including both the overseeing or coordination of regional projects and Chapter’s own initiatives in these areas
- Identify, assess and develop potential new TI Chapters and partners (if required)
- Take active part in media work and interviews at national and regional level, and represent TI in regional institutions and fora
- Work closely with colleagues in the Secretariat to build and sustain Chapters’ ownership of and participation in programmes/projects in which they engage
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Academic degree or professional qualification in social science, public policy or administration, journalism, international law, economics, management, or other relevant fields
- 5+ years of relevant experience with an International NGO or International Organisation, or Multinational Organisation, with demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience in the region, working on issues of good governance, public sector reforms, social development, international development, or institutional capacity building, or relevant work experience in a local level NGO with outreach to similar initiatives in other countries in the region
- Demonstrated project management skills (incl. planning, budgeting, implementation, review)
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, capacity development and/or fundraising
- Highly developed team work and intercultural communication skills
- Proven media, campaigns and/or advocacy experience
- Knowledge of, or considerable interest in, the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption
- Professional language proficiency in English required; additional languages – in particular French – an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexibility to adjust and adapt plans and the political skills to deal under pressure in complex in-country environments
- Willingness to travel
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the source of the application) and CV in English (in one pdf-file) to:
Deadline for applications is 21 February 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the high volume of applications it is unfortunately not possible to provide individualized feedback.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.