Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
To advance anti-corruption work in different fields, the Transparency International Secretariat is implementing several projects in close collaboration with National Chapters in the respective regions. The Project Assistant will provide support to colleagues in order to implement a variety of projects (from whistleblowers’ protection to climate governance integrity) to high standards and to the satisfaction of the project partners and the donors.
Main function: Assistance in the implementation of various projects
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin/Germany
- Provide general support in the implementation of projects, incl. the preparation of documents and other work outputs
- Assistance in the organisation of events (workshops, meetings, launches, trainings, etc.)
- General administrative assistance in day-to-day operations (processing of invoices, budget tracking, etc.)
- Collect data and information to produce accurate, on time reporting across projects
- Maintain up-to-date, organised and accurate electronic and hard copy filing systems
- Coordinate travel by TI-S staff, Chapter representatives or external consultants
- Undertake desk research to ensure that requested information and data is available for project development/implementation
- Support funding applications where appropriate
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- High school diploma and/or relevant professional qualification
- 1+ years of relevant experience - preferably with an International NGO or International Organisation - working on administrative support or another relevant field
- First experience with donor funded projects in the civil society field an advantage
- Experience in organizing events with diverse international partners desired
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Professional language proficiency in English required; additional languages, in particular French and/or Spanish, an asset
- Good MS Office skills, in particular MS Excel
- Interest in good governance and corruption related issues and advocacy
- Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the origin of the application, TBD), CV and an invitation letter to a European Commission official for the launch event of a new TI publication (max. 200 words) in English to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 21 April 2019.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the high volume of applications received it is unfortunately not possible to provide individual feedback on applications.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.