Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 Chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Work hours: Full time (40 hours per week)
Duration: until December 2020
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin/Germany
Team: Strategy & Impact
Reporting lines: Head of Strategy & Impact
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our Strategy & Impact team as the project coordinator for the IMPACT grant funded by Global Affairs Canada.
The IMPACT grant focuses on increasing the integrity, transparency and accountability of public sector institutions and the private sector, while empowering civil society to advocate for changes in policy and practice in 12 National Chapters mostly in the Americas’ region (including the Caribbean) but also in the African region.
The Programme Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the smooth implementation, monitoring and reporting of the overall IMPACT grant.
- Ensure that the systems and processes are in place and are constantly refined to ensure the efficient and effective management of the grant
- Ensure that all donor contractual obligations (financial management, fund transfer requests, procurement regulations, financial and narrative reporting, etc.) for the grant are met in a professional, transparent and timely manner
- Responsible for monitoring the overall grant cycle, including the delivery of the expected outputs and outcomes, and in line with the grant’s commitments and work plan
- Coordinate the project’s stakeholders contributing to the grant in the timely delivery of narrative and financial reports, as well as other accountability-related documents and deliverables
- Work in close collaboration and ensure ongoing communication with grant partners on all aspects of their work; maintain regular communication with the donor on financial and project management at TI-S as well as project implementation at partner level
- Produce narrative reports and budget updates as requested
- Ensure the team’s accountability towards line management and donor
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- At least five to seven years of project management experience, preferably in highly complex projects
- A recognised project management certification is highly valued and a clear advantage
- Highly proficient in project management applications a clear advantage
- Proficiency in Excel (possibility of being tested at interview stage)
- Highly developed numeracy skills
- IT proficiency
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in Spanish equivalent to a native level preferable (to be tested at interview stage)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment; highly developed teamwork and intercultural communication skills; deep and unwavering commitment to diversity
- Flexibility and readiness to be thrown off routine with last minute asks, and ability to prioritise as second nature; ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach
- Ability to work independently, without detailed guidance, whilst ensuring open, regular, and pro-active reporting and accountability to peers and line manager
- Full alignment with and commitment to TI’s mission – that of a world without corruption
Other information about the post and the location:
This position is based in Berlin, in Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S). There is no possibility of remote working, or working from home outside Germany. Candidates are therefore strongly advised to consider whether they are able to relocate prior to applying.
Qualified candidates should submit the following documents/information in English and via email (in one pdf-file) to ProgrammeCoordinatorGACJob@transparency.org:
- A cover letter supporting their application as having the necessary experience and competencies to perform the required responsibilities (as per above) (mentioning the source of the application, TBD)
- The Curriculum Vitae
- The names of two references with first-hand knowledge of the candidate’s professional experience and expertise
Deadline for applications is 29th April 2019.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that it is unfortunately not possible to provide individual feedback on applications.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.