Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
During 2019, TI is carrying out a strategic update of its Business Integrity engagement approach, involving widespread consultation with internal and external stakeholders, as well as background research. In addition, the main ongoing project under the business integrity work stream is the implementation of a TI assessment tool called the Business Integrity Country Agenda.
Main function: The Programme Coordinator is responsible for ensuring a) smooth implementation of the Business Integrity Country Agenda project in Serbia and Rumania. Specifically, the Programme Coordinator coordinates the workflow, financial and administrative management of the project, ensuring that agreed goals, best practice standards, donor obligations and TI-S regulations are met by TI-S and TI Chapters and b) contributing to the strategic update process through coordination of consultation processes as well as carrying out background research and overall support as required by the Business Integrity Lead.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 2 years, with a possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin/Germany
Team: Policy & Advocacy
- Coordinate the implementation, work flow, financial and administrative management of the “Business Integrity Country Agenda” project in order to ensure timely and cost-effective execution of project activities and achievement of agreed goals and greatest possible impact by TI-S and TI Chapters
- Ensure that all donor contractual obligations (financial management, fund transfer requests, procurement regulations, financial and narrative reporting, etc.) for the projects are met in a professional, transparent and timely manner
- Develop and administer sub-grants and contracts with TI Chapters and external service providers (including financial management and results reporting), ensuring timely and cost effective delivery of results and activities
- Maintain regular communication with the donor on financial and project management issues as well as project implementation, this includes coordinating the project’s Steering Committee meetings
- Ensure high-quality financial and narrative reports by TI Chapters and by TI-S to the donor
- Carry out background research which feeds into business integrity strategy update such as producing concise, practical overviews of available corporate transparency tools and frameworks
- Coordinate and support strategic consultation processes, including through the organization of outreach events and travel to visit internal and external stakeholders
- Overall support of the strategic update process and implementation of new strategy and related projects
- Support the development of funding applications as well as negotiations of contracts
- Support the implementation of other tasks as needed
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Undergraduate university degree or professional qualification in business administration, management, finance, social science, public administration, economics, law or another relevant field
- 4/5+ years of project management experience with an International NGO or International Organisation, or Multinational Organisation with demonstrated in-depth knowledge on project management best practices
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills and ability to work well across diverse teams, interests and countries
- Excellent oral and written communication in English; additional languages an advantage
- High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity
- Demonstrated interest in the work of TI and in the field of anti-corruption as well as business integrity; experience in working in the private sector an advantage
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the source of the application, TBD) and a CV in English (in one pdf-file) to: ProgrammeCoordinatorBusinessIntegrityJob@transparency.org
Deadline for applications is 9 May 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the high volume of applications it is unfortunately not possible to provide individual feedback.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.