ABOUT TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL
Transparency International is a global movement with one vision: a world in which government, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption. With more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, we are leading the fight against corruption to turn this vision into reality.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking a Fundraising Assistant to join the Fundraising Team. The Fundraising Assistant will support all functions in the Fundraising office, with special focus on supporting research, data base management (Salesforce) and processing individual donations.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: The Fundraising Assistant will support all functions in the Fundraising office, with special focus on supporting research, data base management (Salesforce) and processing individual donations.
Reporting Line: Head of Fundraising
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited for a duration of 2 years. There is a prospect of extension subject to organizational need continuing, performance proven and funding confirmed and there is interest in a stable and long-term cooperation.
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin
Job ID: TIS-FT-FA-2020
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Fundraising Team and reporting to the Head of Fundraising, the successful candidate will:
- Conduct searches and research as directed by team member responsible for research
- Support data transfer and verification in the process of Salesforce integration
- Assure data hygiene regarding GDPR and content stored
- Process individual donations, monitor donations inbox, respond to donor queries, execute due diligence
- Create and send thank you emails, letters and donation receipts as directed by team member responsible for individual giving
- Collaborate with the Communications team and other relevant teams to plan, execute and analyse digital individual giving campaigns
- Collaborate with responsible team member on the website relaunch
- Researching trends and best practice in individual giving and improving our processes
- Contribute to the realization of the overall TI-S fundraising strategy
- Contribute to other team deliverables, in particular regarding fundraising from individuals and the private sector
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- University degree in communications, marketing, journalism, fundraising, or other relevant fields
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Competence in efficient use of fundraising databases, preferably Salesforce, essential
- Knowledge and experience analysing data an asset
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English is essential; other European languages, especially German, an asset
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- an inspiring, stimulating, dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities and Getting Things Done (GTD) approach to work
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a lean and agile organisation with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision-making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
- ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual team training allowances to onsite professional development opportunities, including regular Show & Tell meetings, Jours Fixes/Flexes and brown bag lunches with visiting experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- organizational access to the employee assistance programme PME offering support in various areas
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer & winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- free health sessions (e.g. back pain prevention) as well as reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV ad cover letter explaining suitability against the essential criteria as set out in the candidate profile (and mentioning also the source of the application, TBD) in English (in one PDF file) via email to:
Closing date for applications Sunday, 19 April 2020.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the high volume of applications it is unfortunately not possible to provide individualized feedback.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
To learn more about Transparency International please visit our website and follow us on social media:
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.