Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Communications Officer develops and implements communications plans and products to support and better communicate TI’s mission, programmes, projects, products and advocacy positions. The role will specifically provide communications support to key project work. The Communications Officer targets a series of external and internal audiences and stakeholders, including the media and donors, and develops content that best communicates Transparency International’s messaging and position to those audiences.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin/Germany
- Working closely with the Head of Communications, develop communications plans that support the advocacy and policy goals of projects; and support the delivery of communications plans for TI knowledge products, events and other areas of work as required
- Support TI’s media relations by building media lists, answering media calls and inquiries, pitching stories, identifying and preparing spokespersons for related topics and issues
- Develop content for all TI channels including website, blog, social media channels, press releases and newsletters
- Identify communications opportunities, including in the press, to increase visibility of TI activities, the work of TI chapters and advocacy goals
- Working closely with the Social Media Specialist, develop and implement Social Media content in support of project and other priority areas
- Provide guidance and support to TI-S teams and TI national chapters on communications needs
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field
- Minimum of 3+ years of practical experience in communications in an international, media or campaigning organisation
- Experience in media relations and content development
- Experience in working with Content Management Systems and HTML/CSS as well as Adobe Photoshop programmes
- Understanding and experience of video production, including the development of scripts and working with external video production companies
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a thorough eye for detail and a creative approach to communications
- Ability to turn complex issues into persuasive communications for social media environments, especially to Twitter and Facebook
- Excellent communication skills in English (to native speaker standard) required; additional languages an asset
- Dynamic self-starter; highly motivated, organised, flexible, comfortable in taking initiative and able to work with minimum supervision as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of and considerable interest in corruption, governance and development issues and international affairs
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter and CV in English (in one pdf file) to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 23 February 2020.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that it is unfortunately not possible to provide individual feedback on applications.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.