streetfootballworld is a global NGO that harnesses the power of football to tackle some of the greatest social challenges of our time. The organisation’s work supports an international network of over 120 grassroots organisations that use football as a tool to address deep-rooted community issues, ranging from refugee integration in Ireland to gender equality in Kenya. Collectively, the network empowers more than two million disadvantaged young people per year.
To help us unleash the unique potential of football for good, we are looking for a passionate
Project Manager Festivals (f/m)
to join our team in Berlin.
- You support the organisation of the Football for Hope Festival 2018 in Moscow, Russia, which will bring together young people representing the leading organisations in the field of football for good.
- You facilitate the preparations of the participating delegations by engaging in regular communications with them, preparing relevant materials and managing participant data.
- You contribute to the development and implementation of the festival programme, including workshops, cultural activities and the football3 tournament.
- You support the logistical arrangements of the festival with a focus on the participating delegations in areas such as accommodation, transport, accreditation and others.
- You manage the implementation of additional programmes and events involving network members.
- You have a university degree in international development, sports management, social sciences, event management, or a related field of studies.
- You have a minimum of two years professional experience (not including internships), with at least one year in sports management, event management, or international development. Working experience in the field of football for good is a plus.
- You are fluent in English and Spanish and have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Proficiency in additional languages is a strong asset (Russian, German, or Portuguese preferred).
- You have strong project management skills and experience in organising and managing events in an international environment. Experience with public relations and social media is a plus.
- You have good knowledge of standard office software and you are familiar with creating databases, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- You are a self-motivated and open-minded team player who likes to work together with people from different intercultural backgrounds and identifies strongly with our cause.
- A one-year contract to start as of September 1st, 2017 with the possibility of extension at fair conditions subject to your qualifications and professional experience.
- A stimulating work environment with flat hierarchies and an international, open-minded culture.
- A healthy work-life balance and personal development opportunities.
Would you like to play an active part in social change on a global level?
Then get into the game and become part of our team!
Please send your application including your CV, references, and a cover letter, as well as your salary expectations, in a single PDF-document via email by July 3rd, 2017 to Manuel Normann, firstname.lastname@example.org.
streetfootballworld is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people!
For any further questions feel free to contact us!
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.