EnableMe empowers partners to develop and set up country specific online information portals, communities and services for people with disabilities and chronic illnesses. We believe having access to the right and relevant information can transform people’s lives. Our vision is to enable more than 1 billion people affected by or linked to disabilities to help themselves or the people around them.
EnableMe builds on the successes of the foundation MyHandicap, which operates information portals in Switzerland and Germany with over ten million site visits yearly and a community of over 50’000 registered users. EnableMe is planning to develop and roll out a global technology platform reaching out to hundred million site visits and one million users within the next years. To support this ambition, we are looking for summer interns / volunteers to support the EnableMe tech development and re-launch project:
Summer 2020 Intern / Volunteer
- Support the relaunch and the migration of the German MyHandicap website to the new Web Content and Community Management Systems of EnableMe
- Proactively review and update content of the MyHandicap sites for EnableMe
- Involve yourself in the agile development process of the new website and take over general project management tasks
- Research and help build a holistic online community strategy for EnableMe
Your Experience and Skills
- Student of the University LMU/ TU /FOM
- Mission-driven attitude and ambition to gain experience working for a charitable tech-oriented foundation in the field of disability
- Fluent in German and English, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally: relevant work experience in Web Content Management and consumer web portals
What we offer:
We are a young, global and dynamic team with the aim to maximize our societal impact. We offer an environment where everyone is driven by the common ambition to make the world a more equal and inclusive place. Working for us would allow you to work with the latest web platform technology and proactively work on and improve the most integral part of our foundation. Our offices are currently located at Messe Campus Riem (DE) and in St.Gallen (CH), our team is global.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prefer diverse teams. We encourage you to apply especially if you contribute to diversity of any kind.
If you are interested, please send your CV and assorted documents to:
Alexander Hopman, CEO
(089) 2500 618 70
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.