Are you looking for a meaningful place to work as part of a collaborative team of people who want to end global hunger? Look no further. Are you ready to get invaluable experience volunteering for the World Food Programme (WFP)? ShareTheMeal is an app from WFP’s Innovation Accelerator changing the way we fight hunger.
ShareTheMeal is the award winning app by the World Food Programme (WFP). With just a few taps on their smartphones, users can donate as little as US $0.50 and feed a child for one day. Since our global launch in November 2015, more than 16 million meals have been shared by over 850,000 users worldwide. We are looking for a
Marketing & Operations Volunteer
in Full-Time (for a minimum of 3 months)
What you'll be doing
- Managing our community: replying to users' comments and support tickets, helping to identify trends, process bugs and refine communications tactics
- Creating, and coordinating all of the in-app teams and challenge activities
- Creating content for our social media, newsletters and marketing campaigns
- Assist with marketing and drive execution (ranging from strategy definition to partnership identification, etc.)
- Support on ad hoc tasks (e.g. research relevant awards, and conferences)
- A degree. Graduate or student of management, marketing, politics is a plus
- Must be available to volunteer for a minimum of 3 months, full-time in our office in Berlin (remote not possible)
- You take initiative, you see something that needs improvement and you take action
- You are able to prioritize and juggle competing priorities and you thrive in a startup environment
- Native or fluent English (verbal and written) with clear, consistent communication. German is a plus.
- Prior experience in communications, marketing, advertising, non-profit, or building businesses is a plus
What we offer
- To fight global hunger on a volunteer agreement with the United Nations World Food Programme
- A flexible working atmosphere
- To be part of a multi-cultural, enthusiastic and driven team working on one of the most innovative social impact projects
- To do relevant work: ShareTheMeal is a team of 10 people, so what you do will matter!
- To learn new skills and to be listened to: Work closely with marketing and developers, have ideas and opinions and see them come to life!
This position is for October 1 2017 for 3 to 6 months.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.