RET Germany e.V. is an independent, impartial, non-partisan humanitarian organisation headquartered in Berlin, Germany. RET Germany is committed to working in fragile environments around the world to ensure the protection and resilience of vulnerable young people and women.
RET Germany is a part of the RET International Consortium https://www.theret.org/
Scope: 80%, or to be agreed upon.
Location: Berlin, Germany.
As a key member of the Management Team, the Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) will report to the President and CEO.
The FAM will assist the Regional Finance Manager (RFM) as well as the Area Directors in Africa and the Silk Route Region in budgeting, finance management of the projects in those regions, treasury management and in reporting of all government funding, foundations, corporate social responsibility, private donor funding and any other funding.
Budgeting and Cash Management
- Budget development: Develop, in collaboration with the Regional Finance and Administration team, Area Directors (AD) and Country Directors, the programmes’ proposed budgets and coordinate their preparation in accordance with RET’s and the donors’ requirements;
- Budget management: Supervise programmes’ budgets follow up using relevant reports to identify unexpected/expected implementation discrepancies and ensure that these are discussed and agreed rapidly;
- Treasury management: Ensure that there are enough funds available in the RET Germany’s treasury to execute the programme activities by supervising the relevant reports and transactions (cash reconciliations, funds requests, etc.). This include salary management of Management staff;
- External coordination: Coordinate and manage the overall relationships and transactions with the local financial institutions – banks, and various donor agencies.
Accounting and Reporting
- Ensure that the expenses incurred in execution of RET’s projects are allocated to the relevant programmes correctly and in line with the RET ’s Field Finance Manual. Also, ensure that specific donor requirements are adhered to during the execution of the budget;
- Ensure proper preparation of financial reports, list of expenses, bank accounts reconciliations, petty cash reconciliations, etc. in accordance with RET Germany’s requirements and applicable tools;
- Coordinate and ensure adequate preparation for internal or external, donor, institutional or project-specific audits;
- Manage overall relationship with local reviewers/auditors and other relevant authorities;
- Ensure systematic filing/documentation of the office expenses and transactions.
- Attend any meeting or representation related to his/her areas of responsibility, and any meeting/event as required by the CEO and President;
- Coordinate with the RFM team and ADs on financial, administrative or management procedures, including management of key staff’s contracts;
- Advise RET’s GD, RFM and ADs on any regulations that may have an impact on RET’s programmes and/or policies;
- Take necessary steps to ensure that all financial data is adequately and safely backed up;
- Perform any other work-related duties as required.
- Must be a German citizen or in possession of a valid work permit in Germany;
- Education: Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field with minimum of 6 years of experience in non-profit financial management.
- Professional qualification in Accountancy (CPA, ACCA, etc) highly preferred
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and re-aligning of complex budgets
- Prior experience in managing grants and contracts required, including experience in the management of projects funded by the German government and ideally also other European governments.
- Specific experience in managing grants by the German Foreign Office (AA) and/or Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is a strong asset.
- Familiarity with German Accounting Standards; Extensive knowledge of computerized accounting systems, accounting software and Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of the financial reporting system SAGA is an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with NGOs, private sector groups, cooperating agencies, and donor organizations.
- Personal requirements: communicative skills, effectiveness and rigor in the management of processes, focusing on objectives;
- Organisational skills including the ability to strategically prioritise and meet established goals;
- Ability to work flexibly under difficult circumstances as well as good teamwork ability;
- Team player attitude, with ability to also work independently with high integrity;
- Proactive attitude and professionalism, attention to detail;
- Languages: fluent German and English a must;
- Ability to travel within the regions of RET Germany Operations when called upon.
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com before 22 December 2018 and must contain:
- a complete and up-to-date CV;
- a cover letter (mention your salary and benefits expectations annualised in EUR as well as your availability).
RET is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in early January. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to submit the names and contact information of three reference.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.