This application will remain open until we have found a suitable candidate; interviews will be run from April onwards.
The Renewables Grid Initiative (RGI) is a unique collaboration of NGOs and TSOs (transmission system operators) from across Europe engaging in an ‘energy transition ecosystem-of-actors’. We promote fair, transparent, sustainable grid development to enable the growth of renewables to achieve full decarbonisation in line with the Paris Agreement.
RGI is looking for a
Manager – Communication (f/m/d)
focussing on communication and event organisation tasks. The successful candidate should fit well into our open and international team of smart, driven and creative individuals, bridging intercultural divides between the corporate and non-governmental world.
The selected candidate will be based in Berlin.
- Organising (physical and virtual) events, such as workshops, conferences, webinars and study tours
- Writing newsletters, press releases and reports
- Conceptualising brochures/publications/communication material
- Maintaining RGI’s website and running/contributing to our social media channels
- Supporting the ‘Good Practice of the Year’ award team
- Supporting the development and implementation of our communication and media strategies – in general and with regard to specific projects, launches and announcements
- Supporting the RGI team in other on-going projects as required
RGI seeks candidates that actively develop and implement ideas. The ideal candidate should possess the following professional qualifications, experience and personal attributes:
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. media or communication studies, energy economics, environmental studies, political science, European studies)
- Multiple years of experience in organising events incl. conferences for upwards of 100 people
- Multiple years of experience in communications/PR (e.g. in communication departments, media outlets, PR agencies): writing press releases, developing publications, professional use of social media (esp. Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Experience in working with Content Management Systems (Typo3 preferred) and curating social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- A good understanding of environmental and energy issues and the energy sector in general
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, at least one further European language highly desirable
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team, efficiently structure own work and manage competing priorities and deadlines
- The ability to quickly understand new issues and learn new skills
- Knowledge in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is an asset
What we have to offer
- We are a small, highly international and diverse team, continuously inventing something new.
- We work with our members from 12 European countries and at European level.
- We are operating at the heart of an exciting industry that’s currently undergoing a massive transformation
- We work at the interface of the corporate energy world, non-governmental organisations and policy
Please address your application to Antonella Battaglini, the CEO of RGI. It should include:
- A letter of motivation (1 page) in which you indicate expected salary and first possible available date
- Your CV
- An answer (1/2 – 1 page) to the following question: Imagine you are tasked to develop a communication campaign that promotes the relevance of grids for the energy transition to a wider (possibly sceptical) public. What would your strategy be?
- Samples of your work are welcome
Send your application per email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.