RedR UK is an international capacity-building NGO, working around the world to provide practical, up-to-date training programmes that are delivered by experienced humanitarians. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Programme Manager to provide Maternity cover until November 2018 and support RedR’s ongoing projects.
RedR seeks a:
Programme Manager (Maternity Cover)
Contract: Fixed Term
Location: London, United Kingdom
About the role
The Enterprise Programmes team is responsible for delivering demand-led services globally; providing tailored capacity building support to organisations and their partners through individual or framework contracts and delivering RedR’s global Open Training Programme; planning and delivering a calendar of training events that meet the needs of individuals operating in the humanitarian sector.
As the Programme Manager, Enterprise Programmes, you will be responsible for delivering the Enterprise Programme operational plan to time, budget and scope. You will manage a programme coordination team of Coordinators, Officer and Administrators in the programme hubs of the UK, Jordan and Kenya, and will work closely with the Senior Training Coordinator to ensure the quality of the services we provide.
- 8 years' experience of managing humanitarian programmes, preferably including capacity building programmes
- Proven experience and expertise as a people manager including effective cross cultural communication and strong inter-personal skills
- Experience of managing staff remotely and of managing consultants
- Demonstrable skill in managing large and complex budgets
- Proven success in business development and security funding
- Proven experience in representation at a senior level and developing networks
- Excellent workload management skills and ability to use initiative to solve problems
- Willingness to undertake travel internationally to often insecure and difficult environments for periods of up to 2 weeks
- Experience of writing reports to funders, trustees and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in French, Arabic or Spanish
- Previous experience of working with trusts and foundations
- Previous experience of managing framework contracts
To apply, please mail a CV and cover letter stating your suitability for the position against the person specification to email@example.com
To download the full job description and person specification, please click here.
Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the tbd* UK newsletter here.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.