Have you ever wondered what skills would make you a better developer at this stage of your career?
By working with dozens of different mid-level developers, we concluded that in many cases, it’s not only about your technical skills.
It might be about your soft skills and looking at problems with the big picture in mind.
Many companies and environments support the development of technical skills. There are only a handful, including Ragnarson, that focus on shaping developers as well-rounded professionals.
If your long-term aspiration is to become a technical lead, we have a suitable environment to help you reach your goals.
CHALLENGES TO TACKLE:
- From working with the tech stack from low-level data parsing, through serving a JSON:API API to building a Vue.js SPA
- Complex and deliberate planning of feature implementation and its effect on the application/system
- Helping clients with scoping projects and picking the right solution and architecture
- Advising clients on different technological challenges affecting their business
- Suggesting changes within the team if needed
- Communicating directly with clients on a daily basis
- Building and maintaining relationships with our clients
- Making sure that our clients get the value they need
We don’t expect you to have experience with all those aspects. It’s only important that you want to learn how to handle them.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
- Having broad interests
- A mature approach to life
- Fluent communication in English (written and spoken)
- At least 2+ years of commercial experience as a software developer
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Good knowledge of the PostgreSQL database
- A consulting mindset and readiness to help client/PO lead their projects from the technical side
- Willingness to develop your mentoring skills
- Good command of written and spoken Polish (min B1)
WHAT DO YOU GET BY JOINING US?
Ragnarson was founded in 2006 as a web development agency. In 2019, we started investing in early-stage impact-driven startups. We act as a software agency and angel investor, investing and co-creating products with founders.
Our focus on projects fighting climate change and socio-economic inequalities is what makes us stand out from the crowd. We count and rely on mature individuals with broad interests. They get access to all crucial information within the company, and based on it, they make important decisions. As an example, the team sets their own salaries twice a year.
If you are an aspiring technical lead, you will have a great chance to be exposed to many situations helping you to develop relevant skills. Nothing happens if you don’t get out of your comfort zone. Ragnarson offers a great place to give you the right push.
WE ALSO OFFER:
- 100% remote work (or from our office in Lodz or Berlin)
- Salary level: 1 700 - 3 500 EUR net on B2B contract monthly
- Self-setting up your salary twice a year
- Open company financial records (for example, income, expenses, forecast)
- Transparent communication and company documents
- Participating in everyday decisions regarding the direction of the company growth
- Opportunity to develop in non-programming fields (project management, customer relations, recruitment, marketing, sales)
- Various benefits (MacBook Pro, co-funding of healthcare package, sports activities, co-work space and English classes, holiday package, etc.)
GET TO KNOW US IN OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
I stage - introductory call with our recruitment team
II stage - a recruitment task and pair programming session checking relevant skills; we always provide comprehensive feedback whether the candidate remains in our process or not
III stage - 1-on-1 conversations with various people from the team - cultural fit
Apply via email email@example.com - please use "tbd* Applications - Ruby Developer" as a subject line.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.