The Office of Grants Management (OGM) oversees legal and administrative compliance for the grant-making activity of the Open Society Foundations (OSF). OGM staff work with OSF colleagues and grantees to administer 3000+ new grants every year. Office monitors timely processing of grants and improves grant-making operations through the adoption of innovative technologies and industry best practices. OGM trains staff and grantees on the use of our grant-making system (Foundation Connect), as well as on procedural and compliance aspects of grant-making. The Office serves as steward for the grant-making data and records that OSF relies on for management, board, and statutory reporting.
The Office of Grants Management is seeking a
based in Berlin, to provide grants administration and technical support to OGM, OSF staff, applicants and grantees related to its Foundation Connect (FC) grant making system, assist with department communication efforts and special projects, and provide administrative support to the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Grants Administration Support
- Assist in preparing, issuing and monitoring grant agreements, payments and modifications;
- Document management, including mail and email documents and attach to Foundation Connect;
- Maintain grant files, including close, consolidate and archive completed grant files.
System Administration Support
- Provide support and technical assistance to external and internal users of OSF’s grant making applications who need help completing tasks or troubleshooting problems;
- Monitor and troubleshoot user issues and respond to questions received via grantee feedback emails, internal trouble tickets, or phone;
- Provide support and assistance with data related activities and projects.
Internal and External Communication Support
- Respond to inquiries from the general public about the proposal submission process;
- Correspondence with grantees related to award administration;
- Coordination with other administrative and program departments;
- Assist with the creation and updates of guidance and reference materials.
Support for Departmental and Organizational Projects
- Assist in finalization of grant lists and other statutory reporting;
- Create proposal records for funding grants among OSF entities;
- Provide assistance on special projects as needed and assigned.
- Review and route incoming mail to appropriate OGM staff;
- Order office supplies and equipment;
- Manage vendor contracts, travel and expense reports, and other payments;
- Schedule OGM meetings, maintain department calendar and take minutes at OGM meetings;
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and events, including booking travel, coordinating all travel details, minute-taking, and post-event support;
- Knowledge-sharing and onboarding of new team members.
- One to three years of relevant experience or training; NGO or foundation experience/interest in human rights preferred.
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel) and other office technologies and IT solutions; must be comfortable learning proprietary software systems.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds within a complex organization.
- Experience with multi-tasking and working independently on complex administrative tasks. Able to prioritize appropriately.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and proactive problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail; a quick learner.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.