On Purpose develops leaders who will help bring about an economy that works for everyone, that is equitable and sustainable for the long-term.
Our core Associate Programme, which helps professionals with an average of five to seven years’ work experience transition into a purposeful career, has now established a significant reputation in London, Paris, Berlin and beyond. We have built a vibrant community of over 300 Associates and alumni, 1,500+ professional volunteers and operate in an un-paralleled network of organisations that are using commercial approaches for social and environmental impact.
On Purpose itself operates as a social enterprise and earns 95% of its regular income from paying customers. We are based in London, near Aldgate. After 8 years, we are currently planning the next phase of our development, to grow and maximise our reach and impact, which is opening up exciting opportunities.
On Purpose seeks a:
Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator
Location: London, United Kingdom
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000
To play a key role in the delivery of On Purpose’s Associate Programme in London as part of a team of four. This role works closely with the Business Development & Marketing Manager to execute the organisation’s marketing and community strategy and the Associate Programme recruitment strategy.
Scope of the Role
The Marketing & Recruitment Coordinator sits in the London office which is currently made up of nine people, two of whom focus on our recently-launched CEO Programme. The role will also have regular interactions and will deliver projects in collaboration with the Associate Programme teams in Paris and Berlin.
This is an opportunity to join a well-respected and evolving social enterprise at an exciting point in its organisational development. The Marketing & Recruitment Coordinator will gain a wide range of experience by working on initiatives across the organisation and will develop skills in marketing, particularly digital marketing, recruitment and community management.
We are looking for someone who believes in the core values and mission of On Purpose, who has a genuine interest in social enterprise, and who will enjoy and excel at helping us attract the best people to the Associate Programme and deliver the Programme to maximise its impact.
The successful candidate is likely to have two to three year’s work experience with experience or a proven interest in marketing and events management.
The Marketing & Programme Coordinator will:
Increase quality applications to the Associate Programme in London across two cohorts each year:
- Lead on each recruitment campaign, to include:
- developing strategy with the Bus Dev & Mktg Mgr
- delivering strategy through job postings, events, partner activity, social media etc
- Coordinate the end-to-end recruitment process, including the application and interview process
- Analyse data to review each campaign and make recommendations for future improvements
- Contribute to our work on diversity and inclusion
Promote the On Purpose brand and our programmes to increase our visibility and our attractiveness to new members of the On Purpose community: applicants, placement organisations, trainers, mentors, etc:
- Manage the On Purpose website in Wagtail CMS, coordinating with teams across the programme cities: London, Paris & Berlin
- Manage & create content for the London social media channels and blog
- Manage events including those focused on the On Purpose network and recruitment
- Create and deliver marketing collateral in InDesign and Photoshop
- Identify, develop and support partnerships
- Attend sector events as a brand ambassador
Catalyse community engagement across the On Purpose network:
- Coordinate the management of the On Purpose collaboration platform, building engagement across the community by seeding content & stimulating discussions
- Coordinate the Social Media Working Group, using our community to support the organisation’s marketing activities
- Coordinate and write content for our community and organisation newsletters
- Support planning for better engaging the wider On Purpose network of trainers, mentors, coaches, and placement organisations
Contribute to a supportive team culture, working flexibly to meet emerging requests and to support the delivery of the Associate Programme and the activities of the wider organisation
- Coordinate activity (particularly marketing activity) across the programme cities: London, Paris and Berlin
- Support in developing the pipeline of placement hosts
- Support the management and development of the IT infrastructure, including our CRM software, Salesforce, setting up email addresses and managing licences
- Managing correspondence to On Purpose generic email address(es)
- Support the organisation to design and execute one-off projects and events for the benefit of the organisation and our community
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with an affinity for community and the value networks can deliver
- Practical problem solver with strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Interest in using data and analysis to improve and finesse processes and ways of working
- Impeccable reliability, and ability to work independently across multiple workstreams
- Flexible and relentlessly positive attitude with the willingness to re-prioritise workload to respond to emerging demands
- Willingness to run and attend events outside of normal office hours
- Genuine interest in social enterprise, and a belief in the On Purpose mission and our values
Reporting Line & Main Contacts
This role reports to the Business Development & Marketing Manager for the Associate Programme in London.
You will interact with all staff across the organisation, and particularly with the Associate Programme teams in London, Paris and Berlin. This role sits within the Associate Programme team of four people in London, and works closely with the Business Development & Marketing Manager and Programme Manager.
Renumeration, Benefits & Holiday
Job title: Marketing & Programme Coordinator, London Associate Programme
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000
Holidays: Twenty five days of annual leave in addition to UK bank holidays
Contract: A permanent contract with a three month probation and three month notice period
Working hours: Normal working hours are 09:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday. Given the nature of the role hours may vary and you’ll be expected to work such reasonable additional hours as may be necessary to enable you to properly perform your duties. Except by prior arrangement no extra payment nor time in lieu will be made in respect of overtime working
Pension: The company will make an employer’s contribution to your pension equalling 5% of your gross salary. Payments will be made monthly. You will also be able to make additional employee contributions and may, in future, be required to do so in line with the requirements relating to the government’s auto-enrolment scheme
Training and Development: As a training and development organisation we aim to practice what we preach and endeavour to seek out appropriate opportunities to progress employees’ learning experience. You will benefit from a personal development budget of £750 and engage in regular feedback sessions with the team. Additionally the Marketing & Programme Coordinator will have the opportunity to attend ten of the two-hour training sessions we run for the Associate Programme.
How to Apply
Applications are by CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm on Tuesday 24th April for a preferred start date in mid June.
Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the tbd* UK newsletter here.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.