Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary pay-as-you-go (PAYG) software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions and stereos, thereby improving people's standard of living and enabling incremental income from new solar-powered businesses. With over 750 employees, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
WHAT THIS JOB IS ABOUT
Paygee is part of the Mobisol group and will be the digital foundation for a new and fast-growing market, the Pay-As-You-Go-market, especially in Africa. Paygee enables distributors from the off-grid market, to sell their goods via microcredit to people which normally not could afford these products and services. Paygee hereby improves living standards by e.g. granting access to light through green energy, clean water via water filter and the opportunity to set up own businesses via affordable access to energy. Paygee is already the technology partner of different companies in the off-grid market.
In 2018 Mobisol´s Paygee branch opened the business for external partners with the IT infrastructure growing quickly.
As Working Student DevOps
you´ll make sure, that our internal applications and in particular our SaaS "Soloarhub" are always available for us and our external customers. You will gather deep insights into our cloud infrastructure and the processes of setting up new services and infrastructure.
As part of a small team of three people which support the Paygee Software Development branch, you will be in touch with customers, software developers and third-party providers mainly in East Africa to secure the smooth and stable running of our web services at all times.
- Planning, setting up and maintaining IT solutions in collaboration with the senior software engineers i.e. server infrastructure especially for our SaaS “Solarhub”
- Executing release and maintenance processes of backend software, focussing on continuous automation of these processes
- Ensuring, advancing and documenting stable IT operations, e.g. telecommunication software solutions and technical integration of IT service providers and Mobile Network Operators by monitoring performance and logs of applications, infrastructure, and hardware including the creation of back-ups of production data
- Most important for us is not your experience but your motivation to learn and to work with the technologies we are using
- You have the passion for discovering, evaluating and implementing new technical solutions by yourself
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills, English is the company language
- You have an interest in managing Linux servers
- You are available for extra paid weekend support once a month
- You have an interest in modern web technologies
- You have a good technical and methodological understanding
- You are a trouble shooter with an aptitude for problem solving
- Our complete software for our business like mobile applications, backend, and our firmware is built in-house
- Following technologies are used by us: Ansible, MySQL, Capistrano, Ruby on Rails, Kafka, Cassandra, IPsec, Linux Containers, HAProxy, Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, Zabbix, Grafana
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE FIRST 6 MONTHS?
- In your first month you will gather information about our software architecture and technology stack
- Until the end of the first three months, you will be able to maintain and improve our service (Ansible) and our monitoring (Zabbix)
- Until the end of your first six months, you will improve the daily processes of our developers and be able to solve emergency requests
- Get in shape for your professional career – In our team of experienced software engineers you will get in touch with new tools, new processes and new challenges every day but you will never be left alone with it
- Doing something meaningful - you´ll become part of an enterprise, that brings real positive impact to energy-poor households in East Africa
- Be part of a great team of people – which share the vision to plug in the world
- Flat hierarchies and unconventional ways of doing things - your ideas and experiences are more than welcome
HOW TO APPLY
Important for us are your skills and your motivation rather than certificates or university degrees. Please apply via our job portal or via Whatsapp/Signal (0178/61 05 440). If you have further questions don´t hesitate to contact David from HR via phone (030/9700 – 2556) or mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an equal opportunity employer Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity and disability, religion or beliefs.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.