MitOst is a non-profit organisation that encourages activities and implements programmes which foster cultural exchange, active citizenship, social cohesion and sustainable urban and rural development with a geographical focus on Central-, East-, and South-East-Europe. MitOst has around 1,400 members in over 40 countries and understands itself as a platform for funding programmes that are set in place in cooperation with various foundations and institutions. More information at www.mitost.org.
Actors of Urban Change is a programme of the Robert Bosch Stiftung in cooperation with MitOst, which has been implemented since 2013. The hands-on, work-based programme aims to qualify European actors who come from the cultural/NGO, public and private sectors and want to contribute toward sustainable and participatory urban development in their cities. They involve other citizens and partners in their work. Together they build a European network of “Actors of Urban Change”. More information at www.actors-of-urban-change.eu.
For our Berlin office we are looking for a
Programme Manager for the Programme Actors of Urban Change (85%, 34 h/week)
starting on 01.04. or 01.05.2018. The initial contract end date is June 2019. An extension of the contract after this date will be pursued.
The Program Manager is responsible for the following tasks:
- Assistance in the conception and implementation of international qualification and exchange modules as well as in the continuous support of the participants
- Planning, implementation and logistical organisation of various programme elements
- Administrative and financial processing of individual programme elements
- Supporting consultancy of the participants in the conceptional development and implementation of projects in the area of sustainable urban development
- Assistance in the further development of the program together with the programme coordination at MitOst, the Robert Bosch Stiftung, and in collaboration with other partners
- Substitution of the programme coordination
- Experience in the administration of foundation programmes or other comparable programmes and in event management
- Confidence in the use of computer software and internet applications
- Sound knowledge in project management, especially in the non-profit sector (e.g. in the areas of urban development/urbanistics, European integration, social innovation and civil society)
- Advanced degree (Bachelor or higher) in a relevant discipline for the position
- Very good command of English and solid knowledge of the German language. Proficiency in other languages would be an advantage.
- Identifying with the goals of MitOst and the program Actors of Urban Change
- High regional (middle, east and southeast Europe) and thematic affinity (urban development and urban transformation, social innovation, participation through culture)
- Desire to work together closely as a team, ability for independent working and decision-making, reliability, above-average motivation and readiness to travel within Europe.
We offer a varied range of activities in an innovative European project with adequate compensation in a dynamic and versatile organisation. A competent, motivated team with flat hierarchies awaits you, as well as a pleasant work atmosphere and plenty of room for own ideas. The work location is Berlin. Working languages are English and German.
We would be glad to receive your informative application in German or English (containing a cover letter, CV, and two references) until 25.02.2018 with indication of the earliest possible start date and your salary expectations.
Please direct your questions and documents under the title „Program Manager Actors of Urban Change“ by E-mail to Sebastian Schlueter: schlueter[at]mitost.org (only 1 PDF document, file size under 3 MB). The job interviews take place in Berlin on March 7-8, 2018.
Dr. Sebastian Schlueter
Programme Coordinator Actors of Urban Change
+49 171 755 6150
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.