At Lightful, we strongly believe that technology can play a key role in transforming the beyond-profit sector. With simplified technology, we can help great charities and causes amplify their voice, reach more people and build stronger, more personal relationships.
Our purpose is to strengthen relationships between people who want a better world and the great causes making it happen. Because we believe that through these stronger relationships, we can all make more of an impact. We work across multiple areas and partner with a wide variety of inspirational charities and social enterprises.
Our working environment and culture is second to none. Based in Second Home, we have assembled a team of 35 exceptional people who have had successful careers in the private and third sectors. We work hard, but we also believe strongly in work / life balance, and have invested in a comprehensive Wellbeing programme that reflects this.
We offer extensive benefits, including free gym, yoga and meditation, flexible working, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension, comprehensive personal development, access to excellent learning platforms and other tailored benefits to ensure that our team has the perfect work environment be their best, and to support our clients. Shared participation in our success is a key value at Lightful, and we offer an attractive stock options package to all permanent staff members.
We now have an opening for a
Flexible working hours
Lightful Beliefs and Values
Our Beliefs and Values are integral to the Lightful culture. The Lightful Values are:
- To act with audacity while remembering humility
- To understand the importance of both listening and leadership
- To practice generosity whilst showing accountability
- These all lay on the foundation of respect and integrity
You will be responsible for the architecture and development of our application infrastructure and APIs. You will be providing services for a suite of web based social media management and reporting tools as well as a consumer-based app. We depend heavily on the AWS platform to execute micro/nano-services on Lambda in order to provide a scalable and serverless infrastructure. On the client side React is our framework of choice, all packaged up with Sass styles using Webpack.
You will have a passion for writing clean code, attention to detail, have strong decision making skills, be process driven, and not be adverse to writing technical documentation.
What we are looking for
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a development role
- Experience with Node.js, React.js workflows and structure libraries
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS)
- AWS platform and services including S3, API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, Elastic Search and Kinesis
- Experience with highly scalable, distributed, systems
- Knowledge of multiple application architectures such as micro-services
- Continuous Integration and software deployment strategies
- Messaging infrastructure and patterns
- Web security principles
- Relational & NoSQL databases
- Testing – Unit and Integration
- Serverless Framework
- GraphQL query language and Apollo client
- Experience with social identity providers and integrations (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a brief cover note covering why you’d like to work for Lightful to email@example.com as soon as possible, including your contact and referee details. We will interview on a rolling basis, so it is in your interest to apply early.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.