IsraAID Germany e.V.’s mission, is to effectively support and meet the changing needs of populations as they shift from crisis to reconstruction, rehabilitation, sustainable living and successful integration. This position is an exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience working in a community mobilizing project with refugee communities in Thessaloniki Greece with a professional team of community workers and psychosocial specialists.
IsraAID Germany e.V. seeks a
German community worker for Greece
- Contract type: 75%
- Location: Thessaloniki Greece
- Project duration: 01.08.18-31.12.18
- Planning: Working together with the organisation’s team and management to plan the exact content of the program according to an existing module.
- Implementing: Supporting and empowering groups of young refugees through community work.
- Reporting: Collecting information and data from the field and activities and reporting to the Greek and German management on a weekly basis.
- Collaborating: Working in collaboration with local partner organisations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience with community work.
- Experience working with refugees preferred.
- Experience with pedagogy/psychosocial/youth work preferred.
- Ability to work independently in a changing and challenging environment
- Required: German, English.
- Advantage: Farsi, Arabic, Greek.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.