The International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance unites governments and experts to strengthen, advance, and promote Holocaust education, remembrance, and research worldwide and to uphold the commitments of the 2000 Stockholm Declaration. We are a network of over 40 countries and are still growing.
Are you a skilled writer with a great eye for an engaging image? Is your first thought during breaking news to tweet updates? Do you love finding ways to work with – or around – Facebook’s latest algorithms?
Digital Content and Social Media Manager (Part-time – 20 hours a week, flexible schedule)
Location: Berlin, Germany, or remote with ability to operate in CET time zone
- Develop and manage our editorial calendars.
- Liaise with relevant members of our organization to create, edit and share content in line with our social media strategy.
- Optimize our organization pages within Twitter, Facebook, Yammer, Linkedin and Youtube.
- Create, edit and publish news items on our website according to our editorial calendar.
- Create, edit and publish our monthly newsletter with Mailchimp.
- Curate digital assets such as photos and videos.
- Draft a moderation policy and moderate all user-generated content.
- Prepare quarterly analytics reports on our digital impact and use these metrics as a basis to continuously improve our social media presence.
- Your English is excellent (C2 CEFR) and you have a great eye for detail.
- You have strong writing and communication skills.
- You already have professional experience managing social media channels and knowledge of how to monitor and interpret social analytics.
- You understand that good social media goes beyond posting content; you get excited about the strategic and engagement side of the equation and love anaylzing metrics to inform future decision-making.
- You are used to organizing your own work and setting your own goals.
- You understand why copyright is important.
- You have an interest in Holocaust-related issues and can deal with topics which are politically sensitive.
Whilst not essential, we would also be keen to know:
- If you have some graphic design experience with Adobe Creative Suite to allow you to create engaging visual content.
- If you are well-versed in copyright conventions
What you can expect
- A six-month contract with possibility of extension
- 20 hours a week
- The option to work on a freelance basis or to have a part-time employment contract
- An office in the centre of Berlin, or the option to work remotely
- Flexible working hours, with core times to be agreed.
How to Apply
We would love to see your CV, but please don’t write us a cover letter. Instead we would ask you to answer the following questions:
- In 280 characters or less, why are you the right person for this position?
- What would your first three posts for our social media channels look like?
Please submit your CV, 280 character text, salary expectations (per hour for freelance or monthly for employees) and example posts as one single pdf document and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Digital Content and Social Media Manager – You Name’ by 15 September 2018.
The IHRA is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages candidates to apply irrespective of national, religious, ethnic and social background.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.