Impact Hub Berlin is looking for a
to support the management of the construction and usage of our new collaborative community space. This role will be important within the team to ensure the opening of the space in a timely and cost-efficient way in line with our vision.
You will be in the front row of actively building up the new Impact Hub Berlin space, which will be the largest European Impact Hub and a showcase for impact innovation. You will work with external stakeholders including our architects and service providers to create meaningful ecological and social impact by supporting the realisation of the space as a circular and inclusive environment.
As Project Coordinator, your performance objectives will be to support the team with the planning and implementation of the new space:
- Help to establish necessary tech systems (IT infrastructure, smart energy management, access control, digital room booking);
- Contribute to transitioning materials and interiors from the current Impact Hub Berlin space;
- Facilitate the smooth handover of the new space, including the gastronomy unit to the community team by 1st November 2021;
- Support the team to stay within the construction and fitting budget;
- Explore and initiate a Zero Waste / Zero Emission concept for the building/facility management;
- Secure outfitting partners for furniture and tech infrastructure;
- Support the inclusion process within the local neighbourhood;
- Report weekly
- Keep the wider team informed about the status of the construction and usage of the space;
- Help to codify the knowledge to run the new space and make it available to the team in a user-friendly manner;
About Impact Hub Berlin
We empower entrepreneurs and organisations to create innovative solutions for people and the planet. Founded in 2014, we coordinate a community of impact-driven members, host a creative space for engaging events, and run a consultancy for social innovation and sustainability. As part of the Impact Hub global network, made up of 100+ locations and more than 16,000 members, we’re both locally rooted and globally connected in our mission to help achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Throughout its first seven years, Impact Hub Berlin has built an extensive network and strong expertise in supporting social entrepreneurs and organisations to design, build, and scale impactful solutions to the SDGs. In 2021, we are scaling up! We’re opening Europe’s largest Impact Hub – a 3,500m2 collaborative coworking and community space in Berlin, Neukölln – and we want you to be a part of this next step.
You’d make an amazing Project Coordinator if:
- You’re a proactive, highly motivated individual who enjoys challenges and driving new projects;
- You’re able to support the coordination of a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results;
- You have at least 1 year of experience in project management and are passionate about organisational tasks;
- You have an analytical mind as well as organisational and time management skills;
- You have the ability to comprehend complex situations quickly and remain calm while exploring solutions to problems;
- You identify with the core values of our organisation: collaboration, trust and courage;
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills in both English and German
- You are proficient in MS Office / Google Suite and Asana (or other PM technologies);
- Bonus: you may have some experience in architecture or construction methodologies and procedures;
- You have the right to work in the EU, and are based in or willing to relocate to Berlin (unfortunately, we’re not able to sponsor a visa for this position).
What’s in it for you
- Purpose-driven work within the world’s largest network for impact innovation, with over 16,000 members and 100+ locations worldwide;
- The freedom to work autonomously and build up your own ideas in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Growing within a dynamic team that is built around trust, collaboration and courage;
- Access to a fully equipped coworking space in the heart of Berlin with refreshments, regular community meals and events;
- The opportunity for some remote-working, with flexible hours and access to any other Impact Hub in the world for three days per month.
To sum up
- Position: Project Coordinator (full-time)
- Employer: Impact Hub Berlin GmbH
- Location: Berlin, Kreuzberg (currently) / Neukölln (from Oct./Nov. ‘21 onwards), some remote-working possible
- Duration: 6 months, with potential for extension
- Deadline: Ongoing recruiting process (open until we find the right person)
- Starting date: Ideally 15.07.2021 or as soon as possible
- Language: German and English, both C level
- Compensation: Between 2.300€ and 2.800€ Brutto p/month
Excited to create impact together?
If you’re interested in joining us, please fill out our application form. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and demographics to apply. We look forward to receiving your application!
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.