Impact Hub Berlin is looking for a
Digital Membership Manager
to support our growth by creating and implementing our next-level Digital Member Experience. This would enable (through people, process, technology and partners) our current and future members to collaborate, inspire and connect to one another in the digital realm to co-create positive impact for people and the planet. You should be a tech-savvy but human-centred professional with a passion for empowering others to create change.
As Digital Membership Lead, your performance objectives will be defined by a design thinking/service design process:
Empathise & Define (Q3 2021)
- Align vision and goal for the Digital Membership
- Brainstorm and share ideas
- Conduct a market & network analysis
- Identify barriers and limitations
- Establish user profiles/personas, their needs and problems
Ideate & Prototype (Q4 2021)
- Challenge assumptions and create ideas
- Define positioning
- Start to create solutions and implement technology
- Announce Minimum Viable Product ready for the launch of our new space (Nov.)
Test & Iterate (Q1 2022)
- Try out your solutions
- Evaluate members’ experience and implement feedback
- Evolve to the next stage and create a roadmap for new features
- Roll-out solution at a larger scale with continuous improvement
About Impact Hub Berlin
We empower entrepreneurs and organisations to create innovative solutions for people and the planet. Founded in 2014, we coordinate a community of impact-driven members, host a creative space for engaging events, and run a consultancy for social innovation and sustainability. As part of the Impact Hub global network, made up of 100+ locations and more than 16,000 members, we're both locally rooted and globally connected in our mission to help achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Throughout its first seven years, Impact Hub Berlin has built an extensive network and strong expertise in supporting social entrepreneurs and organisations to design, build, and scale impactful solutions to the SDGs. In 2021, we are scaling up! We’re opening Europe’s largest Impact Hub – a 3,500m2 collaborative coworking and community space in Berlin, Neukölln – and we want you to be a part of this next step.
You’d make an amazing Digital Membership Manager if:
- You’re a proactive, highly motivated individual who enjoys challenges and driving new projects;
- You have experience in design thinking, product/service design, community management and project management (in the field of impact, innovation and acceleration services would be a plus);
- You are familiar with managing projects using tools like Asana and Google Suite;
- You have a solid technical background with an ability to address accessibility and compatibility issues;
- You understand offline and online community management;
- You enjoy building things up from the ground and driving them forward;
- You identify with the core values of our organisation: collaboration, trust and courage;
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills in both English and German;
- Bonus: you may have some experience in gaming or gamification and coding;
- You have the right to work in the EU, and are based in or willing to relocate to Berlin (unfortunately, we’re not able to sponsor a visa for this position).
What’s in it for you
- Purpose-driven work within the world’s largest network for impact innovation, with over 16,000 members and 100+ locations worldwide;
- The freedom to work autonomously and build up your own ideas in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Growing within a dynamic team that is built around trust, collaboration and courage;
- Access to a fully equipped coworking space in the heart of Berlin with refreshments, regular community meals and events;
- The opportunity for some remote-working, with flexible hours and access to any other Impact Hub in the world for three days per month;
- Team retreats twice a year for team development and learning and a monthly team breakfast with the community team;
To sum up:
- Position: Digital Membership Manager (full-time)
- Employer: Impact Hub Berlin GmbH
- Location: Berlin, Kreuzberg (currently) / Neukölln (from Oct./Nov. ‘21 onwards), some remote-working possible
- Duration: 1 year, with potential for extension
- Deadline: Ongoing recruiting process (open until we find the right person)
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Language: German and English, both C level
- Compensation: Between 3.500€ and 4.000€ Brutto p/month
Excited to create impact together?
- If you’re interested in joining us, please fill out our application form.
- You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
- We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and demographics to apply. We look forward to receiving your application!
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.