Impact Hub Berlin is seeking a Community Catalyst, to facilitate our spaces (on-, and offline) and initiatives through which our community members make new connections, grow their projects and spark new ideas. In these spaces, you set the tone for a culture that fosters trust, encourages collaboration and exchange and where our members feel a sense of belonging.
- Play an active role in the curation and onboarding of new community members;
- Plan, coordinate and implement community event formats that connect, enable and inspire our members, based on their needs;
- Coordinate with our programme teams to align on event formats and cross-collaboration opportunities;
- Plan, coordinate and implement digital and offline content and initiatives to engage our members online and in our space;
- Pioneer a member stipend in close collaboration with our ecosystems team to give access to an even more diverse group of members;
- Be in close contact with both our members and our communications team, to launch member stories that inspire readers on our channels;
- Implement an easy feedback loop with our members that informs us on important developments through data collection.
Your qualifications and skills
- You have 3-5+ years of experience in community management;
- You have experience in online and offline community management;
- You are empathetic towards the needs of others and creative in finding solutions;
- You enjoy being pro-active and approaching people;
- You are organised and have a knack for multitasking;
- You identify with the core values of our organisation: collaboration, trust and courage;
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills in both English and German;
- You enjoy dealing with changing conditions and various human personalities;
- You have the right to work in the EU, and are based in or willing to relocate to Berlin (unfortunately, we’re not able to sponsor a visa for this position).
What you can expect to learn in this position
- How to play a key role in a professional, service-oriented team;
- Hone your hosting and hospitality skills;
- To deal with very diverse requirements and tasks within a dynamic community;
- Build and contribute to best practice knowledge about sustainable, zero waste and eco-friendly facility management;
- Expand your communication skills.
- Learn the ins and outs of starting, running and growing impact ventures through direct exchanges with our members;
- Build your network in the field of impact innovation;
- Experience the power of engineered serendipity through the connections you create;
- Satisfaction from vibrant online community engagement;
- Collaborate with partner organisations to find creative solutions and offerings for members' business challenges;
- Tap into the knowledge and support of the wider Impact Hub network to solve challenges and/or create new community offerings;
- Apply leading methodologies in hosting communities both on- and offline.
What's in it for you?
- A full-time position (40 hrs/week) starting as soon as possible in Berlin, Neukölln;
- Competitive remuneration according to knowledge and experience level;
- Purpose-driven work within the world’s largest network for impact innovation, with over 24,000 members and 100+ locations worldwide;
- Develop within a dynamic and growing team built around trust, collaboration, and courage;
- Access to our fully equipped coworking space in Berlin with refreshments, regular community meals, and events;
- A dedicated learning budget (500 EUR / 5 days) per year to spend on professional development, after the first year of employment.
Excited to create impact together?
If you’re interested in joining us, please fill out our application form. You can contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions. Impact Hub Berlin is committed to creating a diverse environment for employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, or age.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.