iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
We are looking for a highly skilled IT professional to join our Global IT team. Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor, the IT Officer will support in optimizing iMMAPs global IT infrastructure and ensuring the smooth running of our computer systems in coordination with internal staff and external service providers.
The ideal candidate would have solid IT security knowledge and experience with non-profits, international humanitarian organizations or companies with a global scope of work.
Description of duties
- Map and assess iMMAP’s global IT infrastructure in coordination with iMMAP HQ and country offices
- Support the design and implementation of iMMAP’s Knowledge Management infrastructure and procedures
- Act as a focal point for data protection
- Maintain IT infrastructure and ensure data is stored and shared in a secure way
- Ensure data protection by design in all iMMAP technology projects
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Proactively identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit iMMAP information systems and websites and assess their functionality and security risk levels
- Manage licences and ensure cost effectiveness and security of tools used by iMMAP staff
- Handle annual IT infrastructure budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or a related field
- 3 years working experience as an IT Officer or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information management standards and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Solid knowledge of GDPR
- Experience with non-profits, an asset
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of French, Arabic or Spanish, an asset
- Home based in Europe, preferably Germany (Berlin) or France (Marseille)
- Consultancy contract
- Monthly Fees: 5-6k USD
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.