iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
We are looking for a highly skilled full stack developer who is comfortable with leading a remote team to responsibly design and develop responsive web applications. Under the direct supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor in close collaboration with the developers’ team in Medan (3 developers:), the Full Stack Development Coordinator will lead on finalizing the development of ongoing iMMAP internal web projects and design and implement new features according to iMMAP strategic priorities.
The platforms are at an advanced phase and require a critical eye to bring the project to a final product.
Description of Duties
- Organize and manage the work of a remote web development team
- Revise development roadmaps and implement development workflows
- Develop front-end’s architecture and platform back-end
- Write well designed, efficient code using development best practices
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Design and architect new features based on management requirements and consistent with existing solution architecture
- Support development infrastructure (servers, cloud services, etc...)
- Develop test scenarios in accordance with iMMAP users needs
- Design and manage APIs to ensure interoperability with other platforms
- Ensure responsiveness of the applications and cross-platform optimization
- Manage pull requests and document issues and their resolution on GitHub
- Participate in or conduct end user training, including development of user guides and reference materials
- Degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience in web development or related field
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Familiarity with PHP frameworks such as Laravel
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP or .Net
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle or MongoDB
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in English Job Conditions
- Home based in Europe
- Part-time consultancy contract (20 hours/week)
- Monthly fees: 3,000 USD
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.