The Hertie School in Berlin prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The school offers master’s programmes, executive education and doctoral programmes, distinguished by interdisciplinary and practice-oriented teaching, as well as outstanding research. Its extensive international network positions it as an ambassador of good governance, characterised by public debate and engagement. The school was founded in 2003 by the Hertie Foundation, which remains its major funder. The Hertie School is accredited by the state and the German Science Council.
To support our Executive Education Team, we are looking for an
Associate / Coordinator Proposal Writer - Executive Education (m/f/div)
on a full-time basis (40 hours/week).
The contract shall start as soon as possible and is initially limited to one year with the possibility of a renewal and an unlimited contract after two years.
Our Executive Education department is developing customised programmes for international groups and is also responsible for Open Enrolment.
Under the supervision of the Manager, co-responsible for proposal writing for tenders issued by IOs, INGOs, national development assistance providers, philanthropies, etc.
- Sources grant and tender opportunities (and assesses suitability and potential in coordination with the entire Executive Education team
- Analyses structural requirements for tender application, alerting management to opportunities and risks
- Develops cross-cutting proposals and initiatives in various global public policy sectors and coordinates with faculty, Hertie research centres and external experts to ensure their contribution; first contact point for initial drafting including budgets
- Prepares project steering committee meetings, records minutes and supports key experts and consultants
- Leads on course logistics, events coordination, customer care and course evaluations; interfaces with international clients on all levels; co-manages student assistants
- Manages in-house database on project proposals, ensuring data and information is current / accurate and provides regular reports to management
- Assumes additional day-to-day responsibilities for a variety of projects if requested, including contract preparation
- At least three years of relevant professional experience, ideally in international cooperation and development, in a consultancy, as part of a technical assistance project or in an international research institution
- University degree, preferably in the fields of social or political sciences; international academic and relevant professional background is a distinct plus
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Familiarity with using log frames in formulation of results-oriented projects; experience in, and successful record of, proposal writing and management is a distinct advantage
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to deliver when facing multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work effectively within multi-lingual and multi-disciplinary teams and with international clients
- Excellent English and ideally also German language skills (other languages also an advantage)
- A stimulating international working environment and a challenging variety of tasks
- Flexible working hours within the framework of the legal requirements
- 30 days paid holiday per year
- Training opportunities
- Job ticket for public transport
- Roof terrace for common team breaks
Please submit the following documents by using the Apply button below:
- A convincing letter of motivation
- An up-to-date CV
- Relevant certificates and letters of recommendation/references
The deadline for full consideration is 03 October 2021. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis and promising candidates will be invited for interviews until the position is filled. We encourage applying early.
Please contact Eva Savinova, Team Leader and Manager Executive Education, for further information about the position.
The Executive Education department is currently seeking to fill two positions, “Manager / Proposal Writer (f/m/div) - Executive Education” and “Associate / Coordinator Proposal Writer – Executive Education (f/m/div).” More information can be found here.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.