At HAWAR.help we envision a tolerant, peaceful and just world where people, despite their differences, live in harmony and pursue a better future for their communities together.
Founded out of the ashes of the genocide against the Yazidi people perpetrated by ISIS, HAWAR implements projects in Iraq and Germany that empower women and children victimized genocide and educate society to ensure that such atrocities never happen again.
Our work brings together diverse groups of people from government, civil society, and business in pursuit of a shared vision of gender equality, peace, and justice for persecuted people. For more information on our work please visit our website: https://hawar.help or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Hawar.help/.
Our team in Berlin is growing and we are looking for a motivated individual to manage the development of HAWAR.helps’s projects in Germany – from fundraising and relationship building, to implementation and reporting. We are a small, dynamic organization, offering room for creativity and the opportunity to take over responsibility from day one. Working closelywith the organization’s CEO and project team, the position encompasses the following tasks:
- Conceptualize scalability plans for projects in Germany and put these plans into action.
- Support in communications surrounding projects – including the writing of pressreleases, newsletters and social media posts.
- Proactively maintain partner relationships and forge new partnerships.
- Write grant applications for German government calls and Germany based foundations: including but not limited to organizations such as the German Ministry for Development and Economic Cooperation (BMZ), German Federal Office for Refugees (BAMF), GIZ etc.
- Form budgets in conjunction with project managers.
- Support project managers in meeting reporting requirements and communicating with partners.
- Bachelor (ideally Master) degree in a related field: political science, development politics, public policy etc.
- Two or more years’ experience working in an NGO, foundation or related government agency.
- Experience in the implementation of publicly funded projects will be considered an asset – especially with regards to work with German ministries and GIZ.
- Wordsmith: Skilled communicator and comfortable writing a wide variety of texts in the German language.
- Independent worker with the ability to take on multiple tasks at once and function in a small team.
- Experience in grant writing and/or other types of fundraising.
- Native German speaker, fluency in English an asset.
At HAWAR.help we tackle some of the world’s greatest challenges. Every day, we areconfronted with questions of human rights, gender equality, inclusion and the reconstruction of the Middle East. Founded by human rights activist and journalist Düzen Tekkal, the HAWAR.help team follows her lead in making these changes a reality.
If we have peaked your interest and you would like to become a part of our team, we look forward to receiving your cover letter and CV (in German or English) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: May 1st
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.