The Global Climate Forum (GCF) is a non-profit research institute based in Berlin that brings together representatives of different parties concerned with climate change and sustainable development including energy industries, insurance and finance enterprises, policy-makers, environmental NGOs, and scientists in order to carry out joint studies that provide arguments for climate mitigation and adaptation policies leading ultimately towards a sustainable development path. The GCF is coordinating a major international research effort, the GREEN-WIN project, funded by the European Commission. The project aims to develop, and critically assess, win-win and green growth strategies that meet climate goals as well as the broader sustainable development agenda, with a particular
emphasis on fostering green entrepreneurs, scaling up green finance and international investment. The consortium of GREEN-WIN involves 16 universities, think tanks and enterprises that are world leaders in climate change research and action, as well as 26 associated partners from around the world including a number of UN agencies. For more information, see www.green-win-project.eu.
To support our international team in the Research Process Adaptation and Social Learning, the GCF is currently seeking applications for a
Project Administrator/Management Assistant (m/f)
in Part-Time (50%)
The successful applicant is expected to:
- administer the implementation of the GREEN-WIN project’s work program,
- maintain internal and external project communications at European and international levels, and disseminate research outcomes
- organise events and meetings, prepare agendas and take minutes of meetings,
- manage the financial reporting of GREEN-WIN,
- assist in the preparation of presentations and reports, and support the GCF team in other on-going projects and administrative tasks.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a high-profile, international research project
- The opportunity to work in a vibrant transdisciplinary research environment in sustainability science
- Excellent contacts to a range of national and international political and research organizations
- A young, friendly and highly motivated working environment in central Berlin within the Mercator Center Berlin, which unites a range of NGOs and political actors addressing climate change
- Experience in the management and administration of large research projects, preferably at European or international levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of German is not required but an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams, efficiently structure own work and the work of team members.
- Sound knowledge of office software, including advanced calculations with Excel
- Willingness to travel to project meetings
This position will start on October 1st and end December 31st 2018, with the possibility of extension. Applications should include a cover letter and CV and shall be received as a single PDF no later than Sunday, 31st of July 2017 by e-mail to Cecile Blanchet firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information and details on this position please contact Cecile Blanchet. The interviews will be conducted in the weeks of August 7 and August 14.
We are looking forward to your application!
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.