GIZ employees work worldwide in a wide variety of countries, subject areas, projects and programmes. As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the Federal Government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Manila / Philippines, we are looking for a
Technical Advisor (m/f/d) for the digital project Build 4 Skills
Field of activity:
This Technical Advisor position is an advisor to the Asian Development Bank (ADB) supporting the Digital TVET Tender (DTT) Initiative. DTT is a joint initiative by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the ADB. The initiative’s objective is to use the potential of ADB-financed infrastructure projects in member states to enhance work-based learning on construction sites. This includes establishing a digital platform with a database that provides information on training requirements for the project to be supported, trained labor forces available for the project and available employment opportunities.
Focus of the position: technical tasks
- Develop a concept / procedure for the implementation of the initiative, which is agreeable within the ADB and agreed with the German side
- Assume a liaising function between the department responsible for technical and vocational education training, but also operational departments within the ADB
- Function as the contact person for BMZ, implementing organizations (GIZ, KfW) and other involved stakeholders (e.g. private sector) in the initiative
- Support the establishment of a digital platform for the implementation of the initiative
- Support the implementation of the concept as part of one to two pilot projects, including coordination with German bilateral development cooperation
- Support the operations departments in formulation of policy, strategies, and programs to scale up ADB operations in TVET through the Initiative Digital TVET Tender
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and staff development activities on important priorities in TVET such as public-private partnership, quality assurance, technology-enabled teaching and learning, and particularly training for infrastructure projects
- Provide information and analyses towards the development of approaches for Digital TVET Tender in the selected pilot countries in consultation with relevant government agencies and Resident Missions (RMs)
- Further the conceptual design of the Digital TVET Tender and promote the initiative in close cooperation with BMZ, GIZ, KfW and act as a focal point for the Digital TVET Tender initiative within ADB
- Lead the conceptualization of DTT component of the pilot projects and participate in promotional discussions with ADB partners (contractors, executing agencies and national TVET institutions) in the pilot countries
- Support piloting of training in infrastructure projects in one or more member states including exploring the establishment of data-sharing agreements and use of big data and develop a plan for scaling up the pilot
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in economics, science and technology, education, human resource development, labor economics, or other related fields
- At least eight years of relevant professional experience in TVET, and in TVET reforms
- Solid understanding of challenges and opportunities in sustainable development and financing of TVET and its innovation
- International experience working in several countries
- Expertise in digital transformation in developing countries is desirable
- Proven expertise and experience within corporate TVET/private sector engagement in TVET
- Good understanding regarding the implementation of IT projects incl. challenges (e.g. data gaps) in international multi-stakeholder contexts
- Good knowledge of functioning and usage of databases as well as in the area of data analysis and/or big data
- Excellent management, networking and communication skills
- Excellent English skills required, German would be an advantage
10/01/2018 - 12/31/2018
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 07/24/2018.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=35989
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.