FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work. As a growing organization, we are expanding our staff capacity in our global headquarters, in Bonn, Germany. To this end, we are looking for an engaged
Human Resources Officer (f/m)
who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
You will contribute to the effective and efficient day-to-day operation of the Human Resources Department. While you will have a variety of tasks, one of your focus areas will be recruitment. In close cooperation with the hiring managers, you will find and attract the right talent from all over the world for our organization. You will be in charge of seeing the recruitment process through from taking a brief to sourcing and placing candidates.
You will report to the Head of Human Resources and Facility Management. Your tasks will be varied and will include:
- Developing clear job specifications, including key performance indicators and help determining what kind of personality and skill-set the respective teams need.
- Identifying and sourcing candidates from all over the world for all roles within FSC International using sourcing methodologies such as advertising, direct search, referrals, and agencies.
- Participation in all interviews, both over skype and in-person.
- Promoting FSC as an employer of choice.
- General administration andsupport in day-to-day operations.
- Making suggestions for improving the recruitment process.
- Ensuring adherence to internal procedures, labor laws etc.
- Supporting the integration of new and existing staff, for example regarding visa formalities, work permits, relocation, as well as the mover and leaver processes.
- Additional tasks as agreed with the Head of Human Resources and Facility Management.
- Education and Training: University degree or vocational training in HR, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least two years of relevant experience as an in-house recruiter in an international setting, preferably in an NGO, membership organization or service-oriented corporation or consultancy.
- Strong organizational skills
- Good time management skills with the ability to work under time pressure
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Service and detail orientation, with the ability to maintain positive interpersonal relations.
- Proactive work method
- Reliable and loyal team player
- Ability to represent FSC through their work with exemplary personal and professional attitude and conduct, including a friendly and self-confident appearance.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Spanish and German language skills are a plus.
- Commitment to FSC’s mission and values
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity to the diversity of values, views and approaches to issues relevant to the FSC system by stakeholders around the world
What we offer:
An exciting working environment in an international setting. The position will be full time (40hours/week) and is located in Bonn. Six months contract (possibility for extension). Start date as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Please send your motivation letter (including your salary expectation) and your CV in English as email attachments to Recruitment_2017_30@fsc.org
Please do not send any photos and make sure to insert “Human Resources Officer (m/f) -Your Name-2017” in the subject line of your email. The deadline for applications is 06 August 2017.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
The FSC HR Team
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.