Working area: Impact & Sustainability
Location: Frankfurt, Germany or Bogotá, Colombia or Nairobi, Kenya
Working hours: Full-time / Part-time
Finance in Motion is a global impact asset manager focused exclusively on sustainable development in low and middle-income countries. The company develops and advises impact investment funds whose blended finance structures bring together public and private investors to address climate change, strengthen biodiversity conservation, foster the sustainable use of natural resources, improve livelihoods, and promote economic opportunities. Over the course of its operations, Finance in Motion has unleashed a cumulative total of over EUR 5.4 billion toward these goals in Southeast Europe, the Caucasus, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa. In addition to investment activities, the funds also provide technical assistance to support investees, foster responsible finance, and maximize impact in the countries they serve. Since its foundation in 2009, the company has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics. Due to this ongoing success, Finance in Motion is seeking a
Senior Officer, Impact & Sustainability (m/f/d)
- Support strategic discussions and contribute to further shaping Finance in Motion’s approach to impact and sustainability
- Ensure alignment with relevant sustainable finance and impact management initiatives for Finance in Motion and its funds under advisory, building on (regulatory) requirements and best practices in the market
- Work with the investment teams to execute the company’s approach to impact management throughout the investment cycle
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of portfolio impacts; guide impact studies and evaluations
- Build and maintain a good understanding of existing research and evidence for impact in Finance in Motion’s priority sectors; track industry initiatives related to impact and sustainability topics; ensure dissemination of knowledge on these topics within the company
- Contribute to impact communication, (investor) reporting and disclosure; inform exchanges on impact and sustainability matters with internal and external stakeholders.
What we expect:
- University degree in economics, environmental science, development finance or a related field
- Sufficient relevant work experience, preferably including exposure to emerging markets
- Excellent overview of recent trends regarding impact management concepts
- Experience in designing and managing impact frameworks for impact-driven projects or organizations, ideally for impact asset managers or investors
- Good understanding of sustainable finance regulations and initiatives
- Ability to communicate the strategic relevance and provide technical guidance on impact management
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Open and engaging communication style, strong writing, and presentation skills
- Excellent English language skills; knowledge of German and/or other languages of Finance in Motion’s countries of operation is considered a plus
- Demonstrable commitment to Finance in Motion´s vision/mission.
What you can expect:
- An agile, widely diverse international working environment with over 50 nationalities who are keenly interested in making a positive difference through their work and who share a collaborative, can-do spirit
- A job that allows you to fully utilize and expand your skills within an innovative, hands-on company culture
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented company that rewards above-average result
- An organization dedicated to providing effective training and upskilling to its employees
Our more than 240 employees working from our 17 offices worldwide are dedicated to promoting sustainable development through market-based finance solutions. If you enjoy tackling complex challenges in a hands-on manner and are seeking an adaptable and motivating work environment, we would very much like to hear from you. Please use our online application system to submit your application.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.