WeMove.EU is a citizens’ movement, campaigning for a better Europe; for a European Union committed to social and economic justice, environmental sustainability and citizen-led democracy. We are people from all walks of life, who call Europe our home – whether we were born in Europe or elsewhere. (From our mission statement).
We are looking for a
Finance and Operations Director (f/m)
Starting as soon as possible
in our Berlin office or anywhere in Europe (home office)
- We are a recently launched, European online campaigning organisation in the spirit of the amazing work done by our friends at Campact.de in Germany and 38Degrees.org.uk in the UK.
- Our idea is to respond to the crisis of European democracy with creative online campaigning. Having launched in September 2015 with great success (more than 630 000 members so far), we are now focused on continuing our fast growth – and we are looking for experienced professional Operations and Finance Director to join our team.
- You would be joining a team of 18 dedicated activists located all over Europe: France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Poland, the UK and Slovenia.
- More information about our project can be here.
About the role
- You enjoy working with data and numbers as well as complex excel sheets. You are good at investigating difficult legal questions (especially concerning labour law and German charity law, but also libel law and privacy law), and working in an intercultural environment is something you enjoy? You might be just the right person for us!
- You are in charge of ensuring the sound and transparent financial and administrative management of WeMove.EU in accordance with German and international legal requirements and our internal standards.
Your tasks will include to
- supervise and manage the staff in the finance team
- supervise and develop all financial policies and processes of WeMove.EU
- provide analysis and advise the Executive Director and the Management Team on financial issues, assist other departments in addressing legal and taxation questions
- organise the collaboration between the WeMove Cooperative (SCE mbH) and its charitable subsidiary, the WeMove gGmbH.
- oversee all authorisation procedures including contracts with external suppliers
- manage the financial planning process of WeMove.EU and ensure regular financial monitoring and controls
- manage legal issues concerning taxes etc. and contacts with financial authorities in co-operation with management and board
- ensure that staff is provided with employment contracts according to their national legislation
- ensure regular reporting on WeMove.EU’s performance and financial results to the Board and our activists
- contribute to the strategic and effective management of WeMove.EU
- You are an experienced financial manager and an excellent organiser, having a sound understanding of tax and legal regulations in Europe, especially in Germany. Committed to our values, you are happy to work in an exciting startup environment, with all its opportunities and uncertainties.
- bring ten years working experience in financial management and controlling, including in a senior management role
- have excellent knowledge of German finance and tax regulations as well as some expertise in international labour law
- are interested in working in an international, decentralized team and bring proven strong leadership capacity, management and planning skills
- have strong interpersonal management and planning skills, you can manage several complex tasks and processes concurrently and meet tight deadlines are a team player and a strong and persuasive communicator
- are able to work strategically and analytically and bring excellent statistics / data analytics skills
- have a strong commitment to WeMove.EU’s mission
- are fluent in English (at least level C1) and can understand German enough to make sense of technical terms (at least level B2), another European Language would be a plus
- are willing to travel in Europe on a regular basis
- ideally have a strong understanding of one or more other European countries, gained from personal or professional experience
We offer you
- a challenging task in an intercultural, highly motivated team where we all strive towards learning from each other in order to have the biggest possible impact
- a workplace in a virtual organization, this possibility to be based in home office or a co-working space of your choice, or our Berlin office
- a full time position with a permanent contract and a competitive NGO salary. In Germany, your salary would be according to “TVÖD 14” for public servants, i.e., between 4300€ and 5500€ monthly gross salary, depending on your experience. (For other countries, the salary will be adapted.)
- We are striving towards a good gender-balance in the management positions in our team. Applications of women and transgender persons are therefore especially encouraged. In order to enhance the diversity of our team we encourage applicants of all origins and diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
- As we want to fill this position as soon as possible, we are looking forward to your prompt application!
- If you are interested in this position, please send an application to email@example.com (max. 10 MB).
- Please include: motivation letter (please include mention of your experience with finance and operations, and provide 3 references), CV (including your language skills in English, German and other languages according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_European_Framework_of_Reference_for...).
- relevant samples of your work (if applicable)
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or +49 30 602 74 195
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.